Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vic

Doom 32X Resurrection

So I didn't see if this was asked anywhere, but is there an option to burn a version of the mod on CD to play it in CD32X mode?

On 9/9/2023 at 7:37 AM, Mittens0407 said:

To anyone playing D32xr v3.1 on a Mega Everdrive x3, could you send a photo of the system information window on your Everdrive? It looks like this:

image.png.04fc71c2ccac327a12ea439959d8e02e.png

I'm currently troubleshooting my x3's issues with D32xR, so any info about x3s that work with this port would be very much appreciated.

Try changing file extension of the ROM from .32x to .md, just in case

15 hours ago, Meeloh said:

So I didn't see if this was asked anywhere, but is there an option to burn a version of the mod on CD to play it in CD32X mode?

You can't simply take a 32x ROM, burn it on a CD and expect it to work on CD32X.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:04 AM, Vic said:

You can't simply take a 32x ROM, burn it on a CD and expect it to work on CD32X.

I figured that, I was just wondering if anyone had put the footwork in to make a burnable CD version.

Edited by Meeloh

I absolutely love this project and have sung its praises to the Sonic CD Restored community.

I have one question though, is the gun movement choppier as Doomguy moves his gun from left to right as he's walking?? Or is that just my imagination?

I'm sure Meeloh is wondering about 32XCD stuff cause of games like Night Trap 32X and Corpse Killer being far superior to the vanilla Sega CD versions. But I'd wager there's bottlenecks of some kind that would make a 32XCD variant of the ROM itself have inferior performance. (I have no idea truly of course)

I love the way you've set up strafing, Cyber Demon and Spider Mastermind encounters...it's so cool to be able to play the full Doom experience on the hardware most of my late Gen X generation got to first experience the game.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:04 AM, Vic said:

I've always found it fascinating how physically limiting the expansion support is - You must physically simulate the "Tower of Power" in the bus chain to get everything to work, which shouldn't matter for 99% of games, until it does on games like this. I have a CDX just for playing CD32X (and 1 or 2 homebrew games on genesis that request access to the Sega CD hardware) because it's the only way to reliably do it right now. You can "emulate" a Sega CD on the cart pins, but you can't run a genesis cart game that requests Sega CD features without a real Sega CD attached - at least, not on the Everdrive Pro or MegaSD. A very weird limitation.

I'm hoping someone can make a port terminator that emulates a Sega CD to fix this non-issue :)

For all of you trying to play v3.x on real hardware with everdrive X3/5/7, try changing file extension from ".32x" to ".bin".

It worked with my X5, with all patch versions released. 

On 11/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, Vic said:

Try changing file extension of the ROM from .32x to .md, just in case

Hi Vic, is it possible to play version 3.1 in this version of everdrive? If negative, can I download the older versions?

I tried to change the extension but it doesn't work.

Really thanks.

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-04-24 ore 17.06.03_67bf2113.jpg

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-04-24 ore 22.03.10_ad085fd5.jpg

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-04-24 ore 22.03.10_e7b9d1c1.jpg

The short answer is: I don't know. I don't have access to this particular flashcart.