Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Losvaize

Fatal Error in retro handheld

I'm having a little issue with LZDoom for a Linux retro handheld system. LZDoom has been ported to RetroOZ which is forked from ArkOS firmware that is used on many retro devices. The Fatal error ONLY appears if I use the -config parameter and it just crashes, doesn't even boot into anything.

This is the crash log:

*** Fetal Error ***
Address not mapped to object (signal 11)
Address: 0x30

System: Linux retrooz 4.4.189 #2 SMP Sun Jul 25 13:19:59 AEST 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

LZDOOM Version <unknown version> (0)
Compiler version: 8.3.0

Command Line: /opt/lzdoom/lzdoom -iwad /roms/doom/DOOM2.WAD -config /roms/doom/myconfig.ini

wad 0: lzdoom.pk3
wad 1: game_support.pk3
wad 2: DOOM2.WAD

Not in a level.

Executing: gdb --quit --batch --command=gdb-respfile-7pIXP1

I know that this might be a huge stretch and I know that many people might not even own a Linux retro handheld. But maybe someone here has had a similar issue somewhere else and any info given will help me solve what this might be. Games, mods, and maps load perfectly fine without the -config parameter so it being a mod, map, or even the iwad is out of the question. I've tried to troubleshoot this issue with everything that I could possibly think of. I even created the myconfig.ini file myself. But I get the same result.

Another nuget of info is that if there is no ini file, the ini doesn't get created like it's supposed to which is strange to me. It really just crashes on startup.

Yeah but i've just checked my branch on windows and it works. Both of my linux computers died so no idea what could be going on.

Besides it's not the original g3.3mgw branch but a fork, i'm afraid you'd need to contact the authors of that port.

22 hours ago, Losvaize said:

Another nuget of info is that if there is no ini file, the ini doesn't get created like it's supposed to which is strange to me. It really just crashes on startup.

Does the user or group have enough permissions to read/write the directory /roms/doom ?

3 minutes ago, LuciferSam86 said:

Does the user or group have enough permissions to read/write the directory /roms/doom ?

Yes, in that directory are all the mods, maps, saves, and iwads. It does read/write from that directory just fine.