Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter

Not Even Remotely Fair - 32 Maps for DOOM II - Nightmare Difficulty Only - All Original Soundtrack [idgames]

I may have encountered a few problems in episode 3. Maybe someone can help.

I wanted to solve the new maps by myself and avoid watching any playthroughs, come up with my own routes. It's been going relatively smoothly, so far. There are some parts that require a bit of practice, but I can get successful demos with just a few attempts (even for map 26, which was damn hard, or the intimidating long maps). So I'm thinking, I have a pretty good handle on NERF.

Here is my question: How do you beat map 29?
I'm not even talking about secrets and items. Just getting the SSG without dying would be nice. I don't even feel like practicing this map, it seems so pointless. Is there a magic trick I'm not aware of? Hidden blur spheres? Or just git gud? Gimme a hint, pls.

And one more thing. I played with god mode to see what's ahead.

Spoiler

There are 7 items in the basement, and the paths to them are closed off at first. It looks to me like what's supposed to happen here is that you are chased around by Barons while you are trying to get the items. Or am I wrong? Because the paths open when you shoot the switch that lowers the yellow key. And I'm assuming that also wakes up the Barons. But they don't get released until you take the key. You can shoot the switch, get all the items for free, then take the key, and all you have to do now is go to the exit. Is this intended? Feels cheap. Or did I break something by cheating?

DSDA-Doom complevel 2.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:56 AM, treulosetomate said:

Is there a magic trick I'm not aware of?

Gotta use monster pathing to move crowds out the way.