Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cottonmouth0309

Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 [RELEASED]

The Title is self-explanatory, IT'S FINALLY OUT!!!

If you haven't figured it out yet, you can look at the Teaser for this mod here

Anyway, hope you enjoy the sequel to Spooky Scary Skeletons ;)

(Version 1.2)

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9kk9yvamotp74/Spooky+Scary+Skeletons+2+v+1.2

REQUIRED:

Latest build of GZDoom

Doom 2 IWad

RECOMMENDED:

Dynamic Lights & Brightmaps enabled, as well as bloom turned on.

Description:

Like how the teaser describes, this is a sequel to Spooky Scary Skeletons 1.

It adds in new stuff like acs, new guns, monsters, etc. It also has some cool boss fight and contains 11 maps.

Also, happy Mother's Day.

EDIT: Had to repost the link because it was missing a map

CREDITS:

Weapons - Realm667, Terry.wad, Meatgrinder mod, Project Uber, etc
Enemies - Realm667, From Scratch, CutManMike, Ghoul's Forest 4, etc
Sounds - ID Software, 3D Realms, Various others

Misc/Decorations - Wad Thingy Ultimate, Brutal Doom

Bosses - Realm667, From Scratch (Help from Tabijaky for the final boss's sprites)

Music - BUTCHER, Crash Bandicoot 2, Wad Thingy 1, Tempest 2000, Midi variants of planet caravan and I, Zombie, both by Black Sabbath & White Zombie, Various others

END OF CREDITS

Special Thanks to...

Tabijaky, RaveYard, Big Smoke & Aquarius199

Edited by cotton0309

this isn't too bad! I thought the ending was going to be something like "YOU are Terry!" Although I would suggest trying to white out the people from the copied discord conversations at the end, better not to show usernames of people that may not want them to be displayed in a Terrywad.  Honestly, you could easily make a non-joke set if you wanted to and were able to focus on fewer themes.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

The Hud was fine for me in gzdoom as long as you minimize it.  Gives you an alternate hud.  Will upload a vid of the first half soon.

12 hours ago, sandwedge said:

The Hud was fine for me in gzdoom as long as you minimize it.  Gives you an alternate hud.

I checked the options, but couldn't find how to do that. Do you mean screen size 11 in scaling options?

2 hours ago, TheCyberDruid said:

I checked the options, but couldn't find how to do that. Do you mean screen size 11 in scaling options?

You can hit the + or - keys to expand or minimize the hud by stages.

28 minutes ago, sandwedge said:

You can hit the + or - keys to expand or minimize the hud by stages.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

On 5/11/2022 at 2:15 PM, LadyMistDragon said:

this isn't too bad! I thought the ending was going to be something like "YOU are Terry!" Although I would suggest trying to white out the people from the copied discord conversations at the end, better not to show usernames of people that may not want them to be displayed in a Terrywad.  Honestly, you could easily make a non-joke set if you wanted to and were able to focus on fewer themes.

I wasn't intending it to be a terry wad anyway, the discord conversations were either from another mod or I screenshot it and edited it a little.

6 hours ago, sandwedge said:

So this is a thing I did

Hi, just saw your video on the first portion of my wad,

I hope the mod wasn't too difficult, hell, even I had some issues with it.

Here's a tip:

Most of the weapons (not all) have alt fires (like the trench gun) and also have a quad firing (mostly a zoom binding)

that allows the player to kick things (like in brutal doom). And some other weapons have a reload binding like the magnum

and fists.

Also the duke nukem like pipebombs aren't what you described them, they are from a mod called Pizza Quest 2.

The Pipe bomb is called "The PizzaCan".
P.s: Make sure you bind Q to the zoom firing option.

-Cotton0309

8 minutes ago, cotton0309 said:

Hi, just saw your video on the first portion of my wad,

I hope the mod wasn't too difficult, hell, even I had some issues with it.

Here's a tip:

Most of the weapons (not all) have alt fires (like the trench gun) and also have a quad firing (mostly a zoom binding)

that allows the player to kick things (like in brutal doom). And some other weapons have a reload binding like the magnum

and fists.

Also the duke nukem like pipebombs aren't what you described them, they are from a mod called Pizza Quest 2.

The Pipe bomb is called "The PizzaCan".
P.s: Make sure you bind Q to the zoom firing option.

-Cotton0309

Nope wasn't difficult, I mean if you saw the video it was way too easy if anything.  I was alt firing the shotgun and it was just decimating everything in 1 hit, including archviles, 2 mancubis at the same time, and barons.

I see the tubes were not filled with jizz.  Well considering I was in a jizz factory at some point, forgive my misunderstanding.  I hope mods don't mind me using that word, jizz is actually the name for star wars cantina jazz music, so it's ok to use, look it up.

Didn't realize you could bind zoom but I honestly don't see where it would've been useful.  No real long range threats, but I'll look into it for the second half.

Yeah I was definitely reloading the magnum, not the fists though, don't know what that does.

There it is.  Just so you know, I would avoid @ mentioning people in a post to ask for vids like that.  I don't mind that much but it takes me some time to play through, make a thumbnail, possibly edit etc. and I also want to space out my videos a bit, so I'll get to it when I get to it.  So asking like that can come off as rude.  Maybe DM me if you really can't help it.  But no worries, I got through this one with a bit of cheating which honestly felt necessary to avoid losing my mind.  Generally I think you learned some interesting things with GZDoom here, though there was a bunch that was just hallways with realm 667 stuff.  Some of the final battles had parts of interesting ideas.  But I'd love to see you make something serious at some point too.  Even if it's just a single map.

Yeah, sorry, for being rude though, glad you enjoyed it even if some of the bosses were hard.

Also there's 2 secret weapons that cannot be accessed via cheats, one is the MDK Gun that does 1 Billion damage

and the other is in a secret in the final level

On 5/28/2022 at 6:50 PM, cotton0309 said:

Oh I just realized when watching your video on it that the map THEEND isn't in it.

seemed like a fitting end to me lol

Alright, so some people (including sandwedge) are saying that spooky scary skeletons 2 is a terry wad. That is NOT true. Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 is just a sequel joke wad to another joke wad, and I had no intentions on it being a terry wad (hell I can't even make a terry trap like other people make).

So, Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 is not a terry wad.

Yeah, sure map 5 had a terry trap in it, but that was it no more terry traps. And it wasn't as seizure inducing as a terry trap (nor vulgar as one either).

In conclusion, Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 is nothing more than just a joke wad. I got irritated when sandwedge referred 

Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 as a terry wad, and I got even MORE IRRITATED when I was reading one of the comments for

part 2 of sandwedge's play through of Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 and it ALSO referred Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 as a terry wad.

So PLEASE, stop saying that Spooky Scary Skeletons 2 is a terry wad, it's NOT a terry wad, it's not as short or long as a terry wad

and it certainly does not have as much bad taste as a terry wad. I'm sorry if I sound rude or very mad, but I'm just preventing

a warning point and/or some confusion from the doom community. I suffer from anxiety when I see the title of one of sandwedge's

videos on my mod or see the comments referring to it as a terry wad. So, please don't confuse it as a terry wad, it's only a joke wad, please don't give me a warning point doomworld,

and please don't get mad at me and harass me for just those parts referencing terry, I only wanted those moments because it's part of

the plot, not to make some shitty wad hoping someone would play it.