Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death_Ripper666

WIP single level: Frozen Hell

Imagine being in hell, but what if there part of hell that freezes over, colder than the north and even Antarctica?

This is a single level wad of course, but it already in work but about around maybe 50%-70%ish till it's done for release? Anyway, have fun with the video and screenshots below!

https://streamable.com/kknh83

Screenshot_Doom_20220512_141917.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220512_141827.png

Interesting. I always like attempts at glacial maps.

You can also just pitch it as being Cania, the frozen circle of hell, though, rather than Phlegethos, the fiery part. XD

23 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

Hell freezes over, reminds me of Jazz Jackrabbit II ;P

When I was playing Dante's Inferno (back in high school in 2010), on the last circle of hell before the final boss, I was so surprised about the environment and makes me questioning like "How the hell can it freeze over yet what stories we were told that hell was all fire and hot?". That when all the idea now was pop in my head recently and that why this WIP happened. Not to mention that there gonna be some platforming similar to let say Crash Bandicoot to give it some twist in the combat. 

5 hours ago, Death_Ripper666 said:

When I was playing Dante's Inferno (back in high school in 2010), on the last circle of hell before the final boss, I was so surprised about the environment and makes me questioning like "How the hell can it freeze over yet what stories we were told that hell was all fire and hot?". 

The final circle of hell, Cocytus, according to Dante, is where traitors go. To be treacherous is the most damning of sins in his reckoning, as the traitor rejects the heat of love and denies the warmth of family; so they are banished to forever live their immortal death in the cold they have chosen to embrace in life.

Alternate sources make it known as Cania/Caina, after Cain, the first betrayer, and others paint this as the first layer of the last circle. The latter is co-opted and used for D&D's eighth layer of hell. There are also varied interpretations as to whether Limbo is a circle or not. Aristotle and Cicero's thoughts are assumed to be Dante's inspirations.

The centre of Dante's hell is, of course, titled Dis, which is obviously used as the Spider Mastermind level in OG Doom.

Welp the progress of my new map is about 80% done. The environments is done. All that left is balance of ammos and monsters, and maybe few secrets here and there. But, here's the screen shot of the map so far.

FrozenHell (edit area) at 2022.05.20 23-29-31.560 [R3960].jpg