Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

Help Please - DOOM (1993) PS4

I'm having a crazy issue with Doom on PS4. While playing the game I am getting a lag which lasts around half a second which eventually has resulted in the game crashing and corrupting any saved data upon rebooting the game. 

I have deleted it along with any save data and reinstalled with no effect. I have also changed storage location for the game - again with no improvement. 

I decided to try and play Doom II and found I have the same problem there too. No other game I have does this.

I decided to try the game on my Wife's PS4 account (she does not play Doom) and found the lag and any crashes to be non existent. The game runs fine. 

The last thing I tried was to go into the storage data and removed any saved game data that was there from playing the original Doom from within Doom Eternal (via Doom Salyers PC) as I though his may cause a problem as I believe they use the same file type to run?, this didn't work either.

The problem seems to be exclusive to my profile but I can't for the life of me work out what is causing it.

Does anyone know anything?

Thanks.

UPDATE: As I was sitting here with games menu screen running in the background I glanced and noticed the lag happening even on the main menu. The problem seems to be coming from The game connecting to and then disconnecting from the Bethesda.net services. What would be causing that?

Edited by Eurisko

Not as a rule. I do leave it on overnight in rest mode sometimes for updates Etc…..Never had this happen. It has stopped doing it now though. 

Hi @Eurisko,

I had the exact same issue on PS4 and PS5.

Exactly as @Metal_Slayer mentioned, it will always happen if you start the game after having the console rest. If you restart the game from the Home screen it fixes it.

Another tip is to turn V-Sync off, it really helped performance on my end, hope that helps!

On 7/7/2022 at 8:17 PM, mancubian_candidate said:

Hi @Eurisko,

I had the exact same issue on PS4 and PS5.
Exactly as @Metal_Slayer mentioned, it will always happen if you start the game after having the console rest. If you restart the game from the Home screen it fixes it.

Another tip is to turn V-Sync off, it really helped performance on my end, hope that helps!

Thanks for this, will definitely keep this in mind and will turn V Sync off. Thanks again buddy