Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ziyametedemircan

NSS-2887b ( SC55 ) Soundfont

It is the soundfont (sf2) that is closest to the sounds of the SC-55 sound module.

235 presets (including 9 drum kits)

It's small in size as samples are used that are very similar to the original sample set.

"2887" is the number of times the soundfont has been rebuilt and tested. // Minor sub-versions (a, b, c, d, e) are not included in this version number.

start date: 2022-02-11
end date: 2022-08-30

NSS-02887b-MKII-sf2.zip

Great job on this. Reminds me of Trevor0402's SC-55 soundfont but actually includes the GS voices. It's always annoying to me how most SC-55 based soundfonts never include those. Definitely going into my collection.

1 hour ago, HydroFS02 said:

Great job on this. Reminds me of Trevor0402's SC-55 soundfont but actually includes the GS voices. It's always annoying to me how most SC-55 based soundfonts never include those. Definitely going into my collection.

Thank you for your positive comment.

The similarity is quite normal, as Trevor0402's set also uses samples that are very close to the original.
It is somewhat different as the samples in this soundfont are deemphasized differently (according to my own formulation). // still not perfect, but the best result I could get. And yes, the GS patches is also important to me.

I'm also working on an advanced version of NSS-xxxx soundfont that can be done with these samples and will include more GS presets (similar patches from SC88xx but not with modified and unpopular samples from 88xx versions). And unlike the near-perfect patches in current sounfont, these extra sub-patches will only contain a certain amount of resemblance to the original, because they will be prepared just by listening and guessing.

Another SC-55 soundfont? Excellent, I love those by and large. Trevor and zz_denis made two of the best I’ve ever heard, looking forward to hearing this when I get home!