Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MIDIchlorine

Midi dump #1

Sup party people. Thought I'd share a few of my tunes.

Feedback is appreciated, feel free to use them in your WADs as long as you credit me, etc.

EDIT: reuploaded 'cause the first track had some polyphony issues

EDIT #2: added another one

EDIT #3: and another

MIDIFlorian v4.rar

Edited by MIDIchlorine

You didn't get any post feedback yet but generally: these are great and you're killing it, good work

haha spider demon go brr - Everything is going too hard and it works. I also appreciate the use of the power kit on tracks like this.

Holochamber - This could be in Tyrian, I feel like. Good use of the organ and Rhodes.

Swampdweller's March - This was the point where I started opening your piano rolls and freaking out about how much is going on. Good use of bass doubling, and the vibraphone chorus is great.

The Cage of Flesh - It's open in sekaiju so I know it is, but it's actually hard for me to believe that this is Microsoft Wavetable GS Synth.

Undercroft - The file size on this one was mostly normal so I felt less intimidated by it. There's those interviews with Kevin Schilder where he talks about trying to use the sample deliberately to make it sound good or achieve unconventional effects, the thing I always think about is the use of the Brass Section instrument way out of register in the track grover and it sounds like a weird filter envelope on a saw wave. Anyway this was like that x100.

Anyway you definitely gave me ideas for future MIDIs. What instrument do you play?

On 9/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, TheHambourgeois said:

Anyway you definitely gave me ideas for future MIDIs. What instrument do you play?

Thanks! I play a little bit of percussion and keyboards, but not very well--I'm more of a composer than a performer.

Edited by MIDIchlorine

Sorry for the couple-weeks-late bump, but I'm scouting out music for an upcoming megawad and just came across these. Great stuff! Definitely leaning towards using at least one. Looking forward to more dumps if you ever make some.