Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zopawa

Pan-DEMON-Ium (MAP03 OUT!)

THIS TOPIC IS OBSOLETE! ONLY USE THIS IS YOU WANT VERSIONS V2 - V4!

V5 AND ABOVE ARE ON THIS TOPIC:

Advanced engine needed  : ZDoom, Zandronum, GZDoom
Primary purpose         : Singleplayer
===========================================================================
Title                   : PAN-DEMON-IUM (pronounced Pandemonium)
Filename                : Pan_DEMON_ium.wad
Release date            : 2023
Author                  : Zopawa
Email Address           :
Misc. Author Info       :

Description             : Small and medium size maps, medium/hard difficulty.

Additional Credits to   : Dub Bag (Making two videos on it)
===========================================================================
* What is included *

New levels              : 3
Sounds                  : No
Music                   : Yes
Graphics                : No
Dehacked/BEX Patch      : No
Demos                   : No
Other                   : No

* Play Information *

Game                    : DOOM2
Map #                   : MAP01, MAP02, MAP03
Single Player           : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player  : No
Deathmatch 2-4 Player   : No
Other game styles       : No
Difficulty Settings     : Yes

* Construction *

Base                    : From Scratch
Build Time              :  19 hours
Editor(s) used          : Doom Builder 1
Known Bugs              :
May Not Run With        : DOOM95
Tested With             : ZDoom, Zandronum

* Copyright / Permissions *

People may not use these maps for their own map.

Spoiler

YOaYtOW.png

NFiTlSi.png

Spoiler

Rg5Zc02.png

MAP03, GATES OF DOOM is out!!!

DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST UPDATE NOW!

PanDEMONium_v4.zip

Older versions:

PanDEMONium_v3.zip

PanDEMONium_v2.zip

Edited by Zopawa : Linking the new DoomWorld post.

Please make sure that you can beat your own map before expecting others to. If you want someone to test your map before release, then there's plenty of people you can ask around here that will help you with that. Also please include screenshots in your OP, it helps the player preview the WAD in question and see what they can expect, it's also a good way to show off the nice parts of your map. This map looked good and had a nice start but you need to make sure its beatable before release, which in my case it was not, sorry. Otherwise it does look very nice and I think you have potential.

Edited by Dub Bag

1 hour ago, Dub Bag said:

Please make sure that you can beat your own map before expecting others to. If you want someone to test your map before release, then there's plenty of people you can ask around here that will help you with that. Also please include screenshots in your OP, it helps the player preview the WAD in question and see what they can expect, it's also a good way to show off the nice parts of your map. This map looked good and had a nice start but you need to make sure its beatable before release, which in my case it was not, sorry. Otherwise it does look very nice and I think you have potential.

Alright man, sorry, its my 3rd map? I don't know how to place enemies well, same with ammo and HP, in the next update, there'll be less hitscanners, and maybe a chainsaw somewhere, could you make a video on the update when it comes out?

Also, the secret is behind the player when he spawns, its a cage with a chaingun, a pinky, and a cacodemon.

21 minutes ago, Zopawa said:

could you make a video on the update when it comes out?

yeah i can do that, dont be sorry btw you're map was nice and actually is beatable just difficult as hell lol

2 minutes ago, Dub Bag said:

yeah i can do that, dont be sorry btw you're map was nice and actually is beatable just difficult as hell lol

I just finished the map when you replied, I added a super shotgun, a chainsaw, and more balanced out enemies.

Enjoy!

Also, please provide feedback! This is my 3rd-ish WAD ever? I did map in other games like Quake and Half-Life, so I know how level design works.

1 hour ago, Dub Bag said:

Sorry for replying so much, but I have some other WADs you could play and provide feedback on, I can provide the links below.

I took a turn too - unless you're going for a survival map (not my cup of tea) - this is frustratingly hard, wouldn't dream of single segment - simply adding even more weapons/ ammo let alone health would help you reach a wider audience and spread more joy - but as it looks it does have a feel of you made this but didnt play it thoroughly - its always best to play your own maps and see if you are having fun and if it works well - you get back what you put in - have a good 1

13 hours ago, Dub Bag said:

@Clippy you need to see the sequel it gets good!

MAP02 is out now, you can make a video on it if you want, or just provide feedback, i dont mind. I just want to get better as a mapper.

Good maps! keep making more.

I found both versions had enough ammo to deal with everything if you were careful, and managed to get some infighting started.

Didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary, except for this stuck imp on map1 and chaingunner on map2:
uKqCUjS.png
g4ENNQi.png

You should mention what map format you used when building the levels, so that people have more info on what to expect.

I try to avoid the default compatibility setting in GZdoom unless a wad specifically uses GZdoom UDMF Doom 2 format. In this case the wad will run just fine with
Nevermind, it turns out I was already on the default compatibility mode this time, must have played a UDMF wad last time I used GZDoom.
So those 2 enemies are stuck even on default, but other than that, I'd say you made some really good levels, so keep at it!

12 minutes ago, knifeworld said:

Good maps! keep making more.

I found both versions had enough ammo to deal with everything if you were careful, and managed to get some infighting started.

Didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary, except for this stuck imp on map1 and chaingunner on map2:
uKqCUjS.png
g4ENNQi.png

You should mention what map format you used when building the levels, so that people have more info on what to expect.

I try to avoid the default compatibility setting in GZdoom unless a wad specifically uses GZdoom UDMF Doom 2 format. In this case the wad will run just fine with
Nevermind, it turns out I was already on the default compatibility mode this time, must have played a UDMF wad last time I used GZDoom.
So those 2 enemies are stuck even on default, but other than that, I'd say you made some really good levels, so keep at it!

The reason there's 'stuck' enemies, is because,

enemies in Doom have to walk a bit before they can shoot, they have to take a certain amount of steps, and everytime they bump into a wall, that step counter resets. Atleast that's how I understand it. I'll either remove them, or make the area bigger so they can walk properly. Thank you for the feedback.

18 minutes ago, Zopawa said:

The reason there's 'stuck' enemies, is because,

enemies in Doom have to walk a bit before they can shoot, they have to take a certain amount of steps, and everytime they bump into a wall, that step counter resets. Atleast that's how I understand it. I'll either remove them, or make the area bigger so they can walk properly. Thank you for the feedback.

You're welcome, glad to help!

That's all correct, although it would seem they don't have enough room to even start moving anyway.

Working on MAP03, and it's probably my favourite one yet.

Edited by Zopawa

Alright, I just learned how to use ACS, so, if you think that MAP04 should use ACS, react to this post with the Soulsphere, if you think not, react to this post with the Megasphere.

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Pan-DEMON-Ium] - Map #01 - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Pan-DEMON-Ium] - Map #02 - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100%]

You guys should get ready for map 4 and 5... probably the hardest yet.

Coming soon.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:23 PM, Zopawa said:

BIG ANNOUCNEMENT!

MAP03 is out, download it now!

Your MAP03 has a cluster definition error. I can't seem to play your map.

Edit: I did try your V3 map of PAN-DEMON-IUM, with the changes it's definitely a fun map. I enjoyed it. Another short map that I had fun with.

Edited by xavrua : Added more content to post.

MAP06 is done, making the final level MAP07 soon!

Also, what do you guys want to be the final boss?