Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shulbocka

Help With Strange Blade of Agony Visual Bug

Sorry to make a thread for something that is hopefully just an easy fix, but I can't figure it out at all. I'm trying to play Wolfenstein Blade of Agony, but for some reason there is some weird cyberpunk style visuals that weren't there when I played this a few months ago.

Spoiler

7D4QOHN.png

PiQLi5A.png

Everything is right out of the box, I didn't add any other mods or use a different version of GZDoom. I just extracted the files, and clicked on the launcher to launch the game. I tested about 30 other mods to see if the problem was present anywhere else, but it's just BoA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this same problem with Verdant Citadel a few years ago, something with the color grading. I forget how I fixed it, but from skimming through the thread you can try a few things:

- updating GZDoom

- updating video drivers

- switch from Vulkan to OpenGL (or vice versa)

- disable color grading in "Display options > Hardware renderer > Postprocessing", or enter "r_colorgrading 0" in the console

also first post, hello :)

Interesting because Blade of Agony uses the same shader that Verdant Citadel does. As Romh said you can always disable the color grading if all else fails. I'm curious though what GPU and GPU driver version you are using?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help a lot. I still haven't managed to fix the issue, but I definitely think it's something to do with my GPU settings. I found this link today when I was at work that mentions the same issue with the same game: https://sharehub.pro/forum/main/discussion/88202-wolfenstein_blade_of_agony_red_outline_wolfenstein_3d/

and they say it's all related to the GPU settings. I think I need to do what that guide says, except instead of hitting "Restore Defaults" I need to manually set all the options back to the factory default settings, since "restore defaults" just sets everything back to the "global" settings which I've customized and don't want to reset them if I don't have to. I'll report back and let you know if it works, after I track down what the Nvidia factory settings should be. Also, my GPU is a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070, and my current driver version is v531.29.

Oh, and I did try to disable color grading, but for some reason that option is nowhere to be found in any of the GZdoom builds I have, and putting "r_colorgrading 0" into the console gave an error stating: Unknown Command "r_colorgrading 0".

Edit/Update:

I'm not exactly sure which Nvidia setting it was, but I just changed a few of the ones I thought may have been the culprit, and now it works. All the red lines are gone. Thank you both again for the help.

Edited by Shulbocka