Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vita93

Anyone have Brutal Minecraft for upload?

It was deleted off ModDB. Does anyone on here have the final version of it and is willing to upload it to archive.org?

A little unrelated to the topic at hand, but I just want to say that gggmanlives may just be the most entertaining FPS critic I have ever watched. Used to binge his videos a lot when he had around 60k subs and ever since then, he's became better and better at making solid points while rating the games he reviews; he usually backs them with facts, and his dialogue is funny and entertaining. Although his edited meme references are kind of annoying and corny, but I guess he does it on purpose. He basically made me go back to playing old shooters. 

Here's a link I found. And this one.

Back during the wild west days of the iOS App Store I had a bootleg Minecraft-themed FPS game, and this lreminds me of thatt, complete with jank and the "not quite" Minecraft feel.

2 minutes ago, Individualised said:

Back during the wild west days of the iOS App Store I had a bootleg Minecraft-themed FPS game, and this lreminds me of thatt, complete with jank and the "not quite" Minecraft feel.

I remember some of my classmates playing that back in high school. I know exactly what your talking about. 

On 4/20/2023 at 9:03 AM, Vita93 said:

It was deleted off ModDB. Does anyone on here have the final version of it and is willing to upload it to archive.org?

Are you talking about this one: https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-minecraft-eternal/downloads/minecraft-eternal-doom-edit?

It looks like the same thing that GmanLives is playing, and I was able to download it just fine. The default download link kept giving me a Failed - Network Error when I tried to download it, but I just tried the Frankfurt Germany mirror and it downloaded just fine. Might want to give that a try if this is indeed the mod you're talking about. I just played it for a little bit, and it looks like it. Except all the options in the menu are in Russian for some reason. Even if I don't use the .bat that has "RUS" in the file name. And I just remembered that you can change the language in the miscellaneous options menu, so not a big deal.

Link here too: apparently 9minecraft is sketchy, so I'll just remove this link but it'll still show up in the posts of the people that quoted me

And yeah, I did scan the .rar I downloaded from 9minecraft with Bitdefender and it came back clear. But apparently they're less than reputable at times.

Edited by Jello

8 hours ago, Jello said:

Are you talking about this one: https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-minecraft-eternal/downloads/minecraft-eternal-doom-edit?

It looks like the same thing that GmanLives is playing, and I was able to download it just fine. The default download link kept giving me a Failed - Network Error when I tried to download it, but I just tried the Frankfurt Germany mirror and it downloaded just fine. Might want to give that a try if this is indeed the mod you're talking about. I just played it for a little bit, and it looks like it. Except all the options in the menu are in Russian for some reason. Even if I don't use the .bat that has "RUS" in the file name. And I just remembered that you can change the language in the miscellaneous options menu, so not a big deal.

Link here too: https://www.9minecraft.net/brutal-minecraft-eternal/#Brutal_Minecraft_Eternal_Download_Links

Yeah, that's it.

Thanks!

On 4/30/2023 at 1:45 AM, Vita93 said:

Yeah, that's it.

Thanks!

You're welcome. I didn't realize that there were already two links posted by Egyptian Guardian before I posted.

But yeah, it wasn't hard to find at all, after a Google search the moddb page came up, and the first download didn't work. So I tried an alternate mirror, thinking maybe it was taken down due to copyright issues in the US, so I tried the .de mirror (because, bless you Germany, your links always work on moddb and idgames), and it was fine.

But I am glad that you mentioned it, because I had no idea that it existed. It's actually really damn fun to play through, which I didn't expect. I figured it would be just a bunch of sprite swaps and blood and gore added, but it's very well built. The weapons are enjoyable to use, aside from the base Minecraft sword and bow, and it does become really tense when you're mobbed by a horde of zombies.

My only real problem with it is that the Creepers are too small, and too fast, and they probably have too much health. One shotgun blast should explode them, but no, they keep coming. Other than that, it's actually really fun.

> Link here too: https://www.9minecraft.net/brutal-minecraft-eternal/#Brutal_Minecraft_Eternal_Download_Links

9minecraft has been known to link to malware.

58 minutes ago, yum13241 said:

> Link here too: https://www.9minecraft.net/brutal-minecraft-eternal/#Brutal_Minecraft_Eternal_Download_Links

9minecraft has been known to link to malware.

Have they? It was the third or fourth link that came up from a Google search, but I'll take the link down. The file from there is the exact same size as the one that you can get from ModDB, but yeah. Wasn't aware they were sketchy, I don't really search for Minecraft stuff that often.

Still, with a cursory Google search I came up with many sites that had links to it, and ModDB had a full list of servers still hosting the file... so I'm not sure why anyone would've had a hard time finding it to begin with.

It's been a long time since I played Minecraft/did Minecraft modding but if I remember correctly they mainly just had scammy ads (which pretty much every Minecraft community site has).

Now I kinda wanna recreate the Minecraft enemy roster in ZScript.