Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudolph

Phase 1's alterations of secrets

Today, I downloaded the latest autobuild. I was pleased to see that E1M1 has been overhauled visually, but there seems to be a secret missing.

I got the two secret closets in the courtyard right outside the starting area as well as the one on the balcony of the warehouse room.

I seem to remember the Chainsaw being the fourth secret, but grabbing it did not count as one.

Edited by Rudolph

I don't remember it ever being a secret, even on 0.12.1 those two closets are the only two. Take a look:

Spoiler

pic-full-230608-1239-38.png.6c385284fc17e54347f17e16a7346456.png

I myself hadn't played any autobuild, but if they didn't touch the secret sectors those two are the only ones you can get.

16 minutes ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

I myself hadn't played any autobuild, but if they didn't touch the secret sectors those two are the only ones you can get.

Well, that is the thing: the map now has four secrets.

I have been able to find the third one, which is an energy cell, but no idea about the fourth one.

Okay, I think I was able to find it. That platform where the shotgunner is now counts as a secret.

Spoiler

ojKVFsT.png

6Gyliq0.png

I hate to say it, but whoever reworked the maps might have gone a bit overboard with the secrets: in E1M3, the secret door in the slime pool has been raised, so it is no longer possible to enter it if you stand on the slime. That seem rather unnecessary.