Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sillywizzard

I made a game(Meaty City)[PLAYTESTERS NEEDED]

Arena top-down shooter with cartoonish gore and a stupid name. Made in Unity.

Gameplay:

At the moment, the game has a company of seven levels. There are currently nineteen types of monsters and six weapons in the game. 

The main focus of the gameplay is quickly killing enemies to increase combos and collect points, which determine the speed of recovery after one hit and the acquisition of abilities. I tried to fit in the combo system organically, so during the game it should not be out of tune with your playstyle.

The game does not have play testers, so some aspects may be unclear or unbalanced. If you write down your impressions of the game, this will greatly help in development.

Now the game has music written by Niko Kozlowitz, you can listen to his work on this YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@GoatFreq/videos

Download:

download directly from the topic

MEATY-CITYv0.10.3.7z

link to itch.io

https://sillywizzard.itch.io/meaty-city

link to gamejolt

https://gamejolt.com/games/meaty_city/807864

play in browser:

https://sillywizzard.itch.io/mcweb

Screenshots:

ogscreen1.png.63e6f71c6f404c5a7a9ee43d7437f488.pngogsec.png.06fc61ef1fc8e52b0e56e10b32fb30a3.png

Gameplay demonstration:

Edited by sillywizzard

It's been a long time since the last update was released.
In the new version, the company was completely redesigned, there were fewer levels (only four compared to the previous six), but they became noticeably longer and more thoughtful.
In addition, new abilities and alternative attacks for weapons, two new enemies and many objects were added to diversify the gameplay of each specific level.
An extra lives system has also been added on top of point-based healing to allow players to survive longer levels.
The game levels now play a track written by Niko Kozlowitz specifically for the game.

Released version 0.7

• A new (fifth) level has been added to the game.
  • One new enemy.
Spoiler

Sand shark - until it receives damage, it will remain in place and create drills under the player’s feet that cause damage if the player comes closer and starts shooting from a harpoon launcher. When receiving damage, it burrows into the ground and retreats.

SharkPng.png.baab056a432b4f63a617a97acc7a3463.png

• One new weapon.
Spoiler

Sniper rifle - simply creates an explosion at the cursor location when fired.

RocketRiflePicUpPNG.png.825faeefb7fcff74567079f0fb2ab84f.png

• Rebalancing and reworking of game mechanics and enemies.
  • Minor visual improvements.
  • It is possible to select the starting weapon in the options.

New version 0.8:

• the sixth level was added to the game
  • tutorial level has been added to the game
  • bullets and rockets now pass through bars
  • two new enemies and one boss were added
    • Spoiler

• Doctor - shoots barriers that do not allow the player's projectiles to pass through.Doctori1.png.ceda49a5dc0f6e4c5451b6dfad2efe28.png
      • Clone Sniper is a simple variation of regular clones, shoots faster and directly at the player.CloneSnipi1.png.5043265f966f18e2d75e39184c3371cb.png

• shotgun has been updated
    • Spoiler

After collecting ammunition for a short period of time, the shotgun can fire a silver bullet that passes through walls and enemies.

• flamethrower has been updated
    • Spoiler

• The flamethrower accelerates and the fire travels further as it fires.
      • An alternative type of shooting has been added. You can fire a Molotov cocktail to ignite the lava on the floor. Lava sets enemies on fire, lava can be ignited with the help of other fire, icicles from the freezer turn into regular bullets on contact.

Edited by sillywizzard

New version 0.9:

• the seventh level was added to the game
    • Spoiler

Small spoiler for the new level

• two new enemies have been added to the game
    • Spoiler

• Octopus - Most of the time is in its spectral form. Fires a harpoon every couple of seconds, at which point he becomes vulnerable.Scuidpic.png.3fc03717f166114ac77cd739a45494bc.png
      • Turret - continuously fires at the player when he is within the detection radius. To get rid of him, shoot him in the back when he's not looking at you.Sentrypic.png.c7255ba4f39472a087f020c9b02a8cf3.png

• quality of life improvements
    • Spoiler

• Player movement speed increased from 10.1 to 10.8
      • The view has been slightly enlarged
      • The crosshair is now positioned correctly

List of changes in the latest update 0.9.8:

• The game has become noticeably easier on easy and medium difficulties.
    • Spoiler

• on low difficulty now only 1500 points are enough for heal (previously it was 3000)
      • on medium difficulty now only 3000 points are enough for heal (previously it was 4000)
      • on low difficulty the number of enemies has noticeably decreased
      • on medium difficulty the number of enemies has also decreased slightly
      • the highest difficulty level is effectively equal to the average in previous versions (I will add a higher difficulty level later)

• Slightly changed the interface design, now it should become more readable.
  • Hints are now much more visible and do not hang on the screen after the player has left the area with a question mark.
  • I tried to make the main menu more compact and intuitive.
Edited by sillywizzard

New version 0.10:

This time I won’t make a list with additions, since essentially one significant feature was added.
Now, by pressing the "E" key, the player can release his unrealistically long arm and use it as a grappling hook to cling to walls, it can also push away enemies and pick up objects in the distance.
Small quality of life features were also added in the form of a warning before enemies attack, as well as a death screen and a screen before the end of the level.

This update was supposed to include a new level and a couple of new enemies as it was in other numbered updates, but recently I broke my arm and now it will be difficult for me to test them.

Oh hey, a fellow itch.io...er. =D

Weirdly enough i'm also currently working on what is technically a top down shooter (3/4 view to be exact).

I'm less versed in Unity (I'm a weirdo who stuck with the outdated GMS 1.4) but at a first glance this looks well coded, even with the option to play in the browser, i like that. Tried it in Firefox and it worked well. It has a pretty distinct art style too, things fit together.

The UI is still a bit "much" imo, it clashes a bit with the colorful overall design (Yellow text on yellow-ish background, that sorta thing).

You could try to give the UI text a black or white outline to somewhat mitigate the color clashing and make values/text more readable at a glance. Or make a (Semi transparent) box for them.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sinnesloeschen said:

Oh hey, a fellow itch.io...er. =D

Weirdly enough i'm also currently working on what is technically a top down shooter (3/4 view to be exact).

I'm less versed in Unity (I'm a weirdo who stuck with the outdated GMS 1.4) but at a first glance this looks well coded, even with the option to play in the browser, i like that. Tried it in Firefox and it worked well. It has a pretty distinct art style too, things fit together.

The UI is still a bit "much" imo, it clashes a bit with the colorful overall design (Yellow text on yellow-ish background, that sorta thing).

You could try to give the UI text a black or white outline to somewhat mitigate the color clashing and make values/text more readable at a glance. Or make a (Semi transparent) box for them.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I changed the yellow text and added black edges to it, just like you recommended.
To be honest, making a web version of the game on Unity is very easy, you just download the addon in the Unity Hub and change the platform to WebGL when creating the project build.

I liked the style of those two bit eat ups that you made, I’ll definitely play them when my hand returns to working condition.

Edited by sillywizzard