Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aimshows

how to make a lift?

how do i make a lift that works just by the player standing on it?

i wanna have a part of my WAD were you have to go up to a part of the map and grab something then come back down

how would i do that? i cant find any videos on YouTube that would help and the ones i do find don't match with the new build of ultimate doom builder.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Do you mean a lift which starts at the bottom and goes up when you step on it? The only standard vanilla action lifts either constantly raise and lower or go down and back up. You could of course simulate it with floor movers which have a repeatable tag, but the implementation could be a little clunky.

However, Boom and UDMF format maps have actions which allow lifts to go up.

Also, questions about creating maps should usually go in the Doom Editing or Editing Questions forum. The tutorials forum is generally supposed to be for explaining how to do a thing; those giving tutorials such as this:

17 hours ago, Stabbey said:

Do you mean a lift which starts at the bottom and goes up when you step on it? The only standard vanilla action lifts either constantly raise and lower or go down and back up. You could of course simulate it with floor movers which have a repeatable tag, but the implementation could be a little clunky.

However, Boom and UDMF format maps have actions which allow lifts to go up.

Also, questions about creating maps should usually go in the Doom Editing or Editing Questions forum. The tutorials forum is generally supposed to be for explaining how to do a thing; those giving tutorials such as this:

thank you for letting me know. i will be sure to be more mindful when it comes to doom map building questions. i didn't know where to rly put this so i justr put it here as it seemed most fitting