Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lofwyr

Really disliking high up enemies man

Are they normal for the regular Dooms also? I'm on Hostile takeover (Map 15, Phase 2) and that middle pit with the archvile and the revenants up on top behind fences and pillars and the cacodemons, etc.

Not even the skag (great name btw) is a solution because of the jank vertical mechanics (also skill issue cause I'm a noob)

Still, not fun, is it fun to you?

I sware I'm gonna edit all those damn high up enemy maps cause I don't think this is fun.

Do you enjoy it? If so, what's the appeal of that? That station earth map was annoying too with the imps on the walls. What's the point of these? To frustrate or to be fun?

I cannot tell and I'm genuinely curiuos.

This is pissing me off, lol. I have figured out that the tracking of the revenants is not very good vertically, so I can outrun them but I keep shooting at the damn wall cause the arena is surrounded by nukage and being too far it wont shoot up, being too close I can't see.

I literally know what I need to do but can't.

Damnit.

Edit:

Beat it by running back and forth, in and out of the room :/

Have not quickloaded as much as there.

Edited by Lofwyr

Everything in FreeDoom performs exactly the same as their Doom counterparts. There is no difference other than what Source Port you run it on. If you run it on Chocolate Doom or Crispy Doom then everything should run almost identical to original Doom mechanics. 

6 hours ago, kalensar said:

Everything in FreeDoom performs exactly the same as their Doom counterparts. There is no difference other than what Source Port you run it on. If you run it on Chocolate Doom or Crispy Doom then everything should run almost identical to original Doom mechanics. 

Oh, I mean it mostly by design. You can't really look up and down, so imagine standing in front of a wall that you cannot look up to, but you are able to hit what's above.

Yet, you cannot see if the enemy which is walking around on top of that wall is where you think it is. So, shooting it and having to rely on the magic aim can be frustrating, but perhaps it's a time honored tradition to challenge the player...but I just find it annoying.

6 hours ago, Lofwyr said:

Oh, I mean it mostly by design. You can't really look up and down, so imagine standing in front of a wall that you cannot look up to, but you are able to hit what's above.

Yet, you cannot see if the enemy which is walking around on top of that wall is where you think it is. So, shooting it and having to rely on the magic aim can be frustrating, but perhaps it's a time honored tradition to challenge the player...but I just find it annoying.

In terms of mapping  those enemies are meant to be ignored for and dodged for a short period. Yes they are placed by design to be annoying, Those enemies should be killable so as to achieve 100% kills. You might need to snipe them by standing back further.