Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

TEXTUREx Texture Scaling

Question

I am getting the N64 Hexen IWAD to work on PC. Its mostly there, but right now its the textures. Many were shrunk to fit on the N64 cart and I realize I can use TEXTUREx to scale them properly. But what can I do in the scenario like this where a combination would need two different scalings? I am hoping to get as broad compatibility as possible, but I dont mind resorting to decorate.

image.png.061656a1452330881aed55e5de7fe81e.png

Next I think I will need to tackle the skies. So I will have to figure that out too.

2 answers to this question

This appears to be a composite texture, being combined of two other textures to create a repeatable pattern (sometimes mid textures use this for varying effects).

If you've already resized the elements of the individual pieces you'd probably want to create a new patch/composite.

For a general compositing tutorial, see this video:

DOOMKid's Long Skies Tutorial on YT.

2 hours ago, DeetOpianSky said:

This appears to be a composite texture, being combined of two other textures to create a repeatable pattern (sometimes mid textures use this for varying effects).

If you've already resized the elements of the individual pieces you'd probably want to create a new patch/composite.

For a general compositing tutorial, see this video:

DOOMKid's Long Skies Tutorial on YT.

Nice I will watch this video! So the gist I get, is to use TEXTUREx to resize the individual pieces, then make a new composite with those pieces and then the individual scaling should be retained.