Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

Dragon Armor (new 3D helm pics)

Pete The Padre said:

The gauntlets looks like they are copied from either Sauron's or the nazgoul... i wonder which...

actually every piece of the armor is based off of 15th cent. german gothic armour except for the helmet and the sabatons. the gauntlets, like the rest of the armor, is embelished. the helmet is based on a modern version of an english close helm. the sabatons are actually based on the feet of one of the nazgul, seen here: http://www.kropserkel.com/Images/hellbent6.jpg

the gauntlet is based on this: http://home1.gte.net/tulkaz/gothicgauntlet1.html

I use super sculpey. it's great stuff. it's pretty firm stuff that you can mold and carve. it holds it's shape well and bakes up like ceramic.

anyway, I have come to the realization that the helm is not designed very well at all. after showing the sketches to professional armourers, I am told that the eyeline is all wrong and that it wouldn't fit a head properly. with that said I have gone back to the drawing board and come up with a new design.

VileSlay said:

I use super sculpey. it's great stuff. it's pretty firm stuff that you can mold and carve. it holds it's shape well and bakes up like ceramic.

Okay cool, i'll see if I can dig some up in a store where i live.
I would like to give the whole sculpting thing a whirl

I like your original design better than the new one, although it looks good too. It's your call, but sometimes what's realistic needs to give way for art.

I normally shun forums but I had to register once I saw your drawings.
I'm currently writing a story about a Dragon Rider and to help me visualise my hero I searched the internet for a Dragon Armour. When I saw your drawings I knew immediately I found what I was looking for.
As I'm not going to publish the story (I'm not famous or suchlike) I wonder if it is OK to download your pictures?
I'm not going to steal them and if you object it's OK.

So I guess what I wanted to say was "Amazing!". BTW, if I sound a bit strange it's because English is my second language.