Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

For Megaman music fans

That was really impressive. At first I was a bit skeptical on how it would sound (personally, I'm not a very big fan of MM1's music), but after hearing cutman's stage music and elecman's stage music, I was in awe.

Keep it up man. I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs.

Lizardcommando said:

That was really impressive. At first I was a bit skeptical on how it would sound (personally, I'm not a very big fan of MM1's music), but after hearing cutman's stage music and elecman's stage music, I was in awe.
Keep it up man. I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs.

This is great news, *I* was probably the most skeptical. I think that Cutman's music is great but I made it too busy-sounding, gotta simplify a few bars of the cello part... I'm not a fan of MM1 music either but I knew the game had to be addressed; since I couldn't pick one favourite I just did a few, and I'm happy to see the source composition flourish and suddenly spark my interest. However if I were to ask any real quartet to play this they would slap me in the face haha - it would take some SERIOUS skill to handle all that speed and all those large jumps in the song.

So yeah - there will be much revision to these as well as the rest of the tracks, and one change might be putting the boss-completion jingle at the end of the MM1 medley instead of that hardcore overdramatic classical bit haha...

I'm having trouble with Protoman's castle!! I'm just not feeling it as a verbatim track from the game. With all the previous tracks I've added a little bit of my own spin, but I'm not sure what to do with Protoman's castle, which is the current WIP song... any ideas?

(Sorry for bump, but this project *is* still being worked on)

I'm guessing you've already tried listening to the original track and also the remastered track that came in the PS2 and XBox version of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for inspiration?

It should be kinda upbeat like the original version. That's all I can really think of.

Lizardcommando said:

...remastered track that came in the PS2 and XBox version of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for inspiration?

Remastered track eh... I need to find and listen to that!

I never really played any Megaman, but I love string quartet music. These are great. Too bad they're not done with a real quartet. :P