Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Ling's Ideas, 8/99

Guest TheRequiem

Is it done yet???

Guest ViolentEd

Ok, tell me this doesnt look like doom (note the zombie with the pistol) Hrmmm...

http://www.houseofhorrors.com/daypics.htm

Guest Confusion

Idea: last boss could look like John Carpenter's The Thing, only a hell of a lot bigger. Anyone think this would work?

Guest GLDooM

i always thought it never was as good as it could be because of it's simplicity. i want complexity and half-life style gameplay. we are mature gamers, come on. we have played games for so damn long. the simplicity has to go for christ's sake. that is the kind of talk i'd only expect to here from a guy new to computers and games.

Carmack will have to push the engine to the limits if they intend to match the monster count of the original, 25fps is for unreal tournament-not a fast action shooter like Doom. IMO the sense of dread made doom, dark corridors and the sound of imps and demons in the distance kept the adrenaline pumping between the fighting. The sounds (back then) were awesome, you new the cyberdemon was badass before you saw it. The 'slop' sound from a rockets direct hit, the thump of the super-schotty. The sheer fun of exploding barrels. Doom ]|[ ?, no intermission screens-just one continuos monster filled Hell please id!

Guest ZombiZ

Well, dang. Forgive me for such an outstandingly long post. I do in fact have that post archived and it is available upon request in a much more visually friendly layout. Due to my piss poor coding skills I was unable to break this post into pieces and there was so much I felt needed saying that it simply couldn't be shortened. I don't know HTML.

I simply created a WordPad document and copy/pasted. Looking okay in the comment window, I sent it up the pipe. Doh. I refreshed the page and my post doubled it's load time, and my wonderful layout! Damn! The bold, the italics, the indenting, all gone. It was a jumbled mess of my BS'ing that awaited judgment. It's been accepted better than I thought. Go me.

I've been a Doom fanatic for years, but unfortunately was forever rendered unable to contribute to the masterpiece because [A] I couldn't code [B] I couldn't even figure out DoomCAD, not even with the slew of tutorials available. So I am simply a passive mind. At least until I can code Win32. I can code DOS (minus the graphics and overall usefulness) something on the level of Zork, but it's probably not enough. But then I'd still have to learn HTML to make a decent website. Er, nevermind. For now.

So, in short (something I've apparently failed to perform), the post is available upon request, just E-mail me about it. I feel Doom can be so much more than the blind action twitch kill it once was. I certainly don't want to change Doom, I'd simply prefer it make some sense.

-ZombiZ; GameZombiZ@aol.com

I can be found roaming the web under the names GameZombiX, GameZombiZ, or the latest- simply ZombiZ. I am on the MSN Zone (Hey "gonzo"!). Thanks for your time.

[Linguica this is the same E-mail I sent you]

Guest Anonymous User

Well, if we're going to go back to the original plot... ...why not go back to the ORIGINAL original plot? You know, the Doom Bible? As it was, it wasn't terribly feasible (try doing true-3D on a 486 :->). At this time, however, it's definitely doable. And it'd probably kick ass much more. (It might start off looking a bit like the original Doom levels in spots, but it'd get different quick.) Just a thought, forks! Matt Denham http://doomcity.tsx.org/

Guest Confusion

"i want complexity and half-life style gameplay"

Pity no-one else does. You've missed the point, stranger. Get out of here and back to Half-Life, you new-ager.

Was SOF or AVP complex? No way. Did it ruin the gamplay?, again no. Doom ]I[ play like system shock? no thanks.