Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

ZDooM scripting question

Is there an easy way to be in one map, and see camera views in another map? I realize that a script in another map will only be activated when the player enters that map. I've managed to succeed a part of the way, but I'm having problems. The effect I'm going for is to have a camera spot in, say, Level 12, and be able to activate the camera and see the camera view from, say, Level 10. The best I've been able to get so far, is to have the player activate the script for the camera in Map 12, teleport to Map 12 and see the view, and then .... instead of teleporting back to Map 10 the player stays in Map 12. How can I get the player back seamlessly, so that it appears that he never left the first map? Here are the scripts:

Map 10 script is as follows:

script 1 (void)
{
Teleport_NewMap(12, 0);
ACS_Execute (1, 12, 0, 0, 0);
delay(90);
Teleport_NewMap(10, 0);
}

Map 12 script is as follows:

script 1 (void)
{
ChangeCamera(1, 1, 0);
delay(90);
ChangeCamera(0, 1, 0);
}

I tried it with the Teleport_NewMap(10, 0); line in the script for Map12, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

It's not the perfect effect for that!

If you have played ZD3K version 2 in french (english version soon) you can see a camera animation at the beginning of the game where you see a space marines killed by 2 Baron of Hell of the FAKED part of the map06.

Just copy a section of another map where you want the super camera effect and let try to script him and for a perfect sequence, if you use something useful like :open door or anything else, script it and execute it for the real level as like the fake level.

If you have a question about that let me know.
I can help you.
I'm not the best ACS scripter of the community but all i have done work perfectly.

Unfortunately, the faked sectors will not work for me. I had already thought about it, but it won't work in this particular case for the following reason. Some of the camera views include sections of the sky; however, the levels in question here use different skies. Also, if I want the camera pointing to a very detailed section of the map, copying that section into another map seems like an awful waste of space.

I have tried another approach, which works but is just a little clunky. When the camera switch is activated in Map10, the player is teleported to a tiny (64*64) sector in MAP12 and the camera view is displayed. To deactivate the camera, the player needs to step back away from the switch/camera view. Right behind is a linedef that teleport the player back to the position in Map10 facing the switch.

The question I still have is this: Why does the script line to teleport back to Map10 in my original script (see above) not work? Randy? Anyone else?