Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Fixed WadAuthor Boom WCF

Hey,

Playing through the latest Doom1 Freedoom e1m1 I noted the odd unknown thing error and upon loading it up in Wauthor it stated that it was not an unknown thing, but a point pusher. I checked it out in prBoom just to be safe and the same error was there. On checking the .WCF file (which is what Wauth uses for different game types, regular Doom, Boom, ZDoom, Heretic and so on) the point pusher was set to be thing 5025 when it's really 5001 (also the puller was 5036 when it should be 5002). Yeah, so long story short, if you use Wauthor and want to place point pushers/pullers, download the fixed version of the thing below:

http://despayre.org:81/~cyb/doom/boom_wcf.zip

Hooray!

schepe said:

this only shows how many people that are actually usgin wadauthor...

No, not Wauthor, point pushers/pullers

Quite a few people use Wauthor, and imho it's the best windows editor avaliable. And yes I'm including Deep in that.

Cue the deep guy telling me I'm wrong now.

there are NO good doom level editors for windows. but wadauthor may be the least bad one.

Cyb said:

well, i can't guarantee that he'll say anything that makes sense, but sure, you got it! =D

/me cues vermulen

Cyb said:

That's my cue allright:)

OK smartie pants - show me where I've ever said that

Explaining features is not the same.

Of course, no apology. Just some mumbling that I must have said that because the other posts claim I do. And those post are also full of it.

Factually (and you can still use WA - don't care): WA does NOT support BOOM at all. It has a small subset of the 1000's of combinations possible. Your only hope is to run that little Boom utility to figure out what the raw values are and then use the raw editing dialog to put those in. Almost no WA users realize this. Almost no ZDOOM users realize this.

However, everyone is free to think what they like - although it may not reflect reality:))

deep said:

That's my cue allright:)

Factually (and you can still use WA - don't care): WA does NOT support BOOM at all. It has a small subset of the 1000's of combinations possible. Your only hope is to run that little Boom utility to figure out what the raw values are and then use the raw editing dialog to put those in. Almost no WA users realize this. Almost no ZDOOM users realize this.

However, everyone is free to think what they like - although it may not reflect reality:))

Ohh, I see the light now! I can't edit Boom with Wauthor! All those maps I've made using it and even the current map I'm making now, those are all just in my head! WOW, I AM FUCKING ENLIGHTENED! Thank you, mistar deep man, I will now send you a big fat check for your clunky ass editor with a billion useless features that no one uses just like the 1000s of combinations no one uses in Boom and the point pushers/pullers as well.

F7