Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Manuel-K

  • Rank
  1. What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

    So… this thread made me think about reinstalling F.E.A.R. until I read the recent thread about modern shooters which reminded me about the annoying weapon limit. I hate that. It keeps me from using the special guns with sparse ammo because you have to give up the bread and butter guns.
  2. What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

    Right. The combat is a lot better in Skyrim (and in Fallout 4) compared to the predecessors. Morrowind's chance to hit and fatigue mechanics are annoying. Item health may be nice from a role-playing perspective, but in reality it's a tedious grind that sucks the fun out of the game (that's even worse in Fallout 3/New Vegas). At least Skyrim does not have Fallout 4's horrible dialogue wheel…
  3. What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

    “Fallout 4” and the absolutely evil “Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!”.
  4. Without the DRM they could not take the game away. You claim that it would not make sense to remove a game from the account, but they have done that in the past e.g. Order of War (@CARRiON's post).
  5. Why should DRM make sense? It is only designed to restrict access to stuff you bought.
  6. @Jon It seems to be a mixture of everything. I've read that they will make the source code publicly available, that they've made a license agreement with Ken Silverman and (almost) all eduke32 developers are involved in Ion Maiden. Richard Gobeille is the game's “director”.
  7. Hellscreen - Doom clone

    Descent had a rear-view feature. It looks like a mixture of Quake, Hard Reset and Strife to me. I agree that it looks stunning, but I'm not sure how fast that colour palette would become annoying.
  8. Why not? IMO they make the Build engine games a lot less fun than Doom.
  9. I don't know if it is different if you play the game yourself, but from the videos I've seen I've gotten the impression that the the contrast between the sprites (both enemies and pickups) and the environment is too low.
  10. I'm sad that the preview version is only available on GOG as a bonus to Bombshell. I could buy it on Steam or on 3drealms.com, but I really don't want to do that.
  11. Forum Update?

    Gray, please. I don't think green would look good on the green blue background.
  12. What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

    Congratulations. I'm still disappointed that there isn't a (real) boss battle.
  13. The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfal thread

    Now the XL engine forum is buried under almost ten thousand new spam posts. I seriously doubt that anyone will do something about that.
  14. The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfal thread

    Exactly. Thank you for the summary. I was too tired and too lazy to type that up. Obviously it's Lucius' choice to keep almost all source code private, although I think his main reason (no forks until everything is read) is not very good. It's sad that all the work went to waste. The second unfortunate choice was to reverse so many games at once. That makes it very hard to finish anything. IMO the first 80% are a lot easier than the remaining 20% of every project. That's the reason why he kept releasing several alphas between the various huge rewrites of the underlying framework.