Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Doomsday texture pack

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death Egg
Forum Regular

How would I go about getting a set of HD textures to load in Doomsday? I already have the textures named after the original ones in the WAD, and I put them in a pk3 the sub folder "data > jchex > textures". (They're for Chex Quest) I tried loading it as is but it wouldn't work. What else do I do? Is the lump "Info" involved?

Old Post 10-23-12 19:35 #
Death Egg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vermil

Chex and HacX are part of the JDoom plugin.

Hence, as of writting, they go in i.e: 'Data/JDoom/Textures/Chex'.

Certinally, that is somewhat misleading.

Last edited by Vermil on 10-24-12 at 00:20

Old Post 10-24-12 00:12 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death Egg
Forum Regular

Alright, did that, but they still don't appear in-game. What now?

Old Post 10-24-12 00:57 #
Death Egg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DaniJ

I have just tested this myself and hi-res replacements are working fine for me using the path /data/jdoom/textures/chex. Note that the path for hi-res flats is different, these are placed in /data/jdoom/flats/chex. However, it is simpler and easier if you use the /Textures and/or /Flats shortcut paths, e.g., /Textures/chex

Old Post 10-24-12 01:22 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death Egg
Forum Regular

Hm, odd, still no dice on my end... I've uploaded what I have compiled to see if someone else could see what the issue is.

Download

(Note that I did NOT create the textures within, I merely found and put them together so they could actually be used.)

Old Post 10-24-12 01:54 #
DaniJ

Those are hi-res versions of individual Patches. Texture replacements work at Texture (or Flat) level. For example, to replace the texture CEMENT1 you would create a texture named cement1.png (and place this in the /Textures/chex directory) rather than WALL52_1 which is the name of a Patch used by the Texture CEMENT1.

Doomsday does not presently support compositing hi-res texture replacements from component hi-res patches.

Old Post 10-24-12 02:47 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Death Egg
Forum Regular

Ohhh, my mistake. Thanks for the help! Always did have a tendency of mixing the two up. :P

Old Post 10-24-12 02:51 #