Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Touch My Chest

I didn't know where to go next once I got down to the area with the rocket launcher, so I just skipped the whole map.

You have to open one of the walls on the side you came in on... as if you were supposed to know. When I saw the bunch of cacodemons coming down the hall from a bunch of, like, 20... that's when I decided to turn on infinite ammo and just blast through the rest of the map.

Ichor said:

I didn't know where to go next once I got down to the area with the rocket launcher, so I just skipped the whole map.

This is one of the things I didn't like about that map - some of the doors are non-obvious, almost like Wolf3D secret doors. If you go to the tiny windows where the chaingunners were, you'll notice there's a passage running behind them with a teleporter. One of those has a door in the blue room that opens into it, this takes you up the top where the revenants are. There are more non-obvious doors around there to go further.

No one ever said that everyone was going to like all the maps. Some people just like a few choice maps, there are some people that just think they all suck, whatever. Even I find maps in certain megawads, TC's and the such that I really don't like, but I play them anyway and I usually beat them. The problem and the biggest complaint I've heard over the years is that the maps in wads are too easy. The Community Chest Team has resolved this issue by putting 29 Cacodemons in one area, so much for easy. And I found that most Doomers like to run around a map like a bat out of hell throwing caution to the wind and try to use their superior movement skills along with just blasting away at everything, then looking down and finding out that they just ran out of ammo.

I have played map 6 numerous times and have completed it numerous times, I'm just a little more cautious than most players. I use edges, corners, getting monsters to fight one another to help me along. These are numerous authors giving it their best attempt at putting a wad together. I'm very good at placing my shots=accuracy, gotta make every shot count! Map6 is a very hard map but beatable, does it suck? Well, that's a matter of personal choice. That map is kinda old style of design, mid to late nineties type of map. It's not the best map out there out of all the thousands of PWAD's that are available. Getting the yellow key can be a chore but it's worth it.

Besides if you don't like it then move on to the next map, type in IDCLEV and go to the next level with a pistol start, or just clip to the exit switch and take your ammo that you've collected with you and have fun playing map7 and beyond. Good luck to you in the next maps...:)

Cadman - Member TeamTNT
Community Chest Project Coordinator

I just played level 7. That one was good. It had a lot of armor in it, which I found rather unusual (but also rather refreshing).