Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joepallai

AshDream (2nd map in WIP)

I just played through the first map and failed to record (due to a typo), so here's my thoughts:

- Huge map, especially for a first map. Strong Thy Flesh Consumed vibes. Some nice traps and overall varied gameplay, with a lot of exploration. I was able to find several secrets and those really helped getting through the map (at skill 3). But I also felt lost at times, especially the first half of the map or so. Doors I couldn't open, and being forced through to go from new area to new area without a clear sense of progressions (like finding keys) doesn't feel very rewarding. This greatly improved once I found the first key.
This overal makes the map feel like a map 2 or 3. Maps 1 are usually small and eventful, to invite the player to keep playing. Once they've beaten the first map, they're hooked and a lot more open to exploration etc.

I enjoyed the combat encounters and strange architecture near the end. Though some rooms felt a lit boxey. I also enjoyed the secrets.

Also, I noticed two doors that had the 'upper unpegged', causing the weird visual glitch. These were the blue door at the exit, and the secret door near the berserk at the hallway to the right of the starting area.

Hope this helps!

Hey @Pistoolkip Thanks for the feedback!  Glad to hear there's another skill 3 player out there (my default). 

I keep forgetting to fix the upper pegging so thanks for the reminder.  Not sure if I'll make a smaller map for an opener for this, but will see about aiding the player's navigation within.