Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Przemkoman

InSanity - Doom 2 survival horror.

InSanity is psychological horror, total conversion mod for DooM 2. You play as Polish policeman who started losing his mind. At first he had horrible nightmares but now... Nightmares become truth...

Features:

GzDooM OpenGL effects.

New weapons.

New Monsters.

New Textures.

New sounds and Soundtrack.

Easter Eggs.

Whole scary story.

Steam, original, BFG IWAD compatibility.

A little bit of Gz/ZDoom movement usage (jumping, crouching, freelook).

Little difficult

And much more in future (I wish).

Gameplay  

Download

More Info

Other info:

Current version - Alpha 1.05

Next version --> 06.06.18

Screenshot_Doom_20180511_235733.png.19a99c1afc85422b1ad1fc3740c60b34.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180506_155913.png.22a0efdb5fb890dd8bd797a2b51dccdb.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180511_235723.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180511_235739.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180511_235747.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180506_155857.png

Edited by Przemkoman : too big ss

Just ran through with GZDoom 2.4.0.

Screenshots first:

IGJehwA.png

The locked doors are single use, which means I had to use noclip to get past this door.

gpvJkK5.png

Script 7 is a runaway. Looking at it in Slade reveals the issue.

script 7 open
{
while (4)
print(s:"It looks almost like in my dream...");
}

You're calling a while loop, but not assigning a delay, so GZDoom has to terminate it before it results in infinite recursions.

rV6cXrO.png

This was in MAP03. The fake ceiling here doesn't match the fake floor above, so its a liquid texture on top and a stone texture on the bottom.

9WlJkHU.png

Missing texture.

I can tell this is very early, because loading up GZDoom revealed a long list of errors, including issues with sounds and textures.

Decorate is attempting to call for the nonexistent actor "ChillerFog2" several times.

The sounds fatde and AHA have been disabled because the engine found a recursive $alias for each.

The textures "SKY", "FFTX0040", and "BEZ TYTU" reference themselves as patches in their texture definitions.

And GZDoom tells me that there was invalid data encountered for the textures "insane.wad:INFO", "insane.wad:CREDITS", "insane.wad:DECORATE", and "insane.wad:SNDINFO". I've no idea how that one even happened.

I don't think I'll make any reference to the gameplay beyond the first level, which seems very trial-and-error to me, because it wasn't terribly interesting to me.

10 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Just ran through with GZDoom 2.4.0.

Screenshots first:

IGJehwA.png

The locked doors are single use, which means I had to use noclip to get past this door.

gpvJkK5.png

Script 7 is a runaway. Looking at it in Slade reveals the issue.

script 7 open
{
while (4)
print(s:"It looks almost like in my dream...");
}

You're calling a while loop, but not assigning a delay, so GZDoom has to terminate it before it results in infinite recursions.

rV6cXrO.png

This was in MAP03. The fake ceiling here doesn't match the fake floor above, so its a liquid texture on top and a stone texture on the bottom.

9WlJkHU.png

Missing texture.

I can tell this is very early, because loading up GZDoom revealed a long list of errors, including issues with sounds and textures.

Decorate is attempting to call for the nonexistent actor "ChillerFog2" several times.

The sounds fatde and AHA have been disabled because the engine found a recursive $alias for each.

The textures "SKY", "FFTX0040", and "BEZ TYTU" reference themselves as patches in their texture definitions.

And GZDoom tells me that there was invalid data encountered for the textures "insane.wad:INFO", "insane.wad:CREDITS", "insane.wad:DECORATE", and "insane.wad:SNDINFO". I've no idea how that one even happened.

I don't think I'll make any reference to the gameplay beyond the first level, which seems very trial-and-error to me, because it wasn't terribly interesting to me.

Hey, thanks for all of errors you found. I forgot about these shitty scripts, I'll try to fix these. I'm really happy that you showed me that. 

Amazing! So very creepy. Sadly this device could barely handle the hospital. When I upgrade or get a PC I'll download the mod again and continue.