Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Curie The Ace

16 second PS4 Doom e1m1 run

A while ago I got a 16 second run on Doom e1m1 on PS4. What do you think about it?

PS: If you need proof my discord is on me about page

Edited by Silver Fox : Correction

the unity ports along with the XBLA/PS3 port handle movement differently to PC, anyone can get 11s, as thats the time you can get whilst moving exclusively moving forwards, but not everyone is physically capable of getting below that due to how the movement is coded on those ports.

maximum movement speed on xbla/ps3/unity is entirely dependent on your controller, which sucks, but its what it is

no PC board of any kind would accept a console time, so if you did want to submit a time that youre proud of, i suggest going to the speedrun.com page for the unity ports of doom where it would be accepted, theres even a discord for speedrunning all the console ports of doom that you can find on that same page

also the record for E1M1 pacifist is 8.91s, by me 🙂

10 minutes ago, depr4vity said:

the unity ports along with the XBLA/PS3 port handle movement differently to PC, anyone can get 11s, as thats the time you can get whilst moving exclusively moving forwards, but not everyone is physically capable of getting below that due to how the movement is coded on those ports.

maximum movement speed on xbla/ps3/unity is entirely dependent on your controller, which sucks, but its what it is

no PC board of any kind would accept a console time, so if you did want to submit a time that youre proud of, i suggest going to the speedrun.com page for the unity ports of doom where it would be accepted, theres even a discord for speedrunning all the console ports of doom that you can find on that same page

also the record for E1M1 pacifist is 8.91s, by me 🙂

Thanks that means a lot coming from you and also I do know who you are, I sort of follow speedruning

17 minutes ago, depr4vity said:

the unity ports along with the XBLA/PS3 port handle movement differently to PC

This is not true, the movement is entirely identical, otherwise they wouldn't even be demo compatible (they quite demonstrably are, it's the first thing you see in action). 

What's probably different, if anything is, is you can't SR50 on a gamepad due to the nature of the device, and SR40 will be much harder to achieve due to the precise requirements of the action (your input being a circle while SR40 requires abusing the square like inputs of a keyboard).

Any version of the port that will accept a physical keyboard (the PC version obviously but the console versions might as well?) will still allow for easy SR40. Couldn't tell you if SR50 worked, but the controls might be there? 

Edited by Edward850

2 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

This is not true, the movement is entirely identical, otherwise they wouldn't even be demo compatible (they quite demonstrably are, it's the first thing you see in action). 

What's probably different, if anything is, is you can't SR50 on a gamepad due to the nature of the device, and SR40 will be much harder to achieve due to the precise requirements of the action (your input being a circle while SR40 requires abusing the square like inputs of a keyboard).

Any version of the port that will accept a physical keyboard will still allow for easy SR40.

true in practice I all ways run into walls it's the joysticks 

24 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Any version of the port that will accept a physical keyboard will still allow for easy SR40. 

its auto SR50 + SR50 on turns on the unity ports and SR40 on xbla/ps3 if using a keyboard to controller adapter

the movement tics themselves are identical, i know, but i was referring to how a controller plays in these ports, whilst its technically possible to achieve SR50 (unity) or SR40 (others), almost no one has a controller that can physically do that without modification

on vanilla compatible ports that accept controller input, they input exactly like a keyboard would, with a static tic of MF50/MB50 or SL40/SR40 (SL50/SR50 with an extra button bound to strafe on), that just isnt the case for the unity port, which acts more like someone using mouse strafe + vertical mouse movement to move, this is what i meant when i said it handles movement differently

if you plan to use a keyboard and mouse then theres no reason to ever use the unity port, not even for PC, as at that point its just a worse version of crispy doom with mouse issues and a higher resolution

28 minutes ago, depr4vity said:

if you plan to use a keyboard and mouse then theres no reason to ever use the unity port, not even for PC, as at that point its just a worse version of crispy doom with mouse issues and a higher resolution

I know but I'll play PS4 for now

At some point, it's just about memorizing the layout of the map and using that instead of the actual game. 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:21 AM, LiT_gam3r said:

At some point, it's just about memorizing the layout of the map and using that instead of the actual game. 

That's the point of speedrunning. RNG is the other factor that decides if the run is a failure or otherwise.