Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Salmon

SFX volume issue

Windows 10 Home x64, EE 4.02.00.  I'm having a sound issue that seems related to this post:

Music works fine but sound effects won't play.  Not in menu, not in game, and it doesn't matter how I launch a wad.  I've been lowering the music volume to zero while testing maps and, based on the linked thread, I think this messed up my sfx volume somehow.  I tried tinkering around with both sliders, using the sfx_volume command, using the old sound menu, a new installation, and restarting my computer but the problem persists.  midiproc.exe is in the same folder as eternity.exe.

The difference between my issue and the linked thread is that raising the music volume above 0 does not restore the sfx volume.  I admit I'm not technically adept and there may be something simple I'm missing.  Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried checking if the volume in Windows mixer for Eternity isn't set to 0?

Hah, that was absolutely it.  I feel silly for not thinking to check that.  Thanks for your help and your work!