Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cammy

TNT MIDI Pack - Now on idgames!

Haven't played Doom in a long time and decided to replay TNT, having liked the MIDIs during a casual listen. I was very surprised at how completely did the music change the atmosphere of the maps (and how music, as it turns out, is really important in setting the tone for a map). Evilution was always one of my favourites to replay, but this time I got the sense of exploration and adventure that other WADs rarely evoke for me. The music made me linger on a few levels to take in the vistas and enjoy the sounds.

This wad is also much, much stronger than plutmidi, which was extremely mediocre, and at times even subpar. Thanks so much to the contributors.

I struggle to name favourite tracks, as they are all amazing, but I have to say that "A Foggy Night", "The Doom World Is Flat", and "Soulsweeper" have REALLY elevated their respective levels, and "Wrought in Blood" is a perfect remix of an already perfect original.

Posted (edited)

sorry for the necropost, but @Peter 's map14 midi constantly drops notes when played on an sc-55 mkii (and by extension the nuked-sc55 emulator)

this video showcases the problem, i assume the midi is exceeding the 28 note polyphony of the mkii (and probably also the 24 voices of the original 55), which is lower than the 32 note polyphony of msgs and 64 note polyphony of the sc-88

edit: opening this in a midi player, it seems like the problem is mostly due to channel 6, which is used to emulate reverb for more simplistic midi modules like msgs

Edited by Donowa