Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalensar

EDay 2019 Vanilla - A GZ/LZ/ZDoom2.8/Zand

1 hour ago, eqagunn said:

Killed one with Rocket Launcher and there was no death animation. Killed the other one with Assault Rifle and there was one. Playing with Supercharge.

Hangars in MAP11 are missing a texture:

tyEVTVil.jpg

The Rocket Launcher triggered the unanimated XDeath State and the Rifle triggered the normal Death State.

Map11 I'll have to double check that apparently. That is such a minor detail with zero reference or error pointing that it was easy to miss from what I see from the screen shot. From what I can tell there is literally no way to notice it missing because there is not an error texture meaning you have to be very familiar with the level itself to notice what was missing. 

On 9/13/2022 at 10:30 PM, kalensar said:

The Rocket Launcher triggered the unanimated XDeath State and the Rifle triggered the normal Death State.

Yet Rocket Launchers causes death animation in both Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind. Even BFG does. That centaur Baron of Hell (shame he doesn't have a unique name) was actually the first time I saw an enemy just disappear upon death.

13 levels in and still no Lightning Gun. I guess it must have been hidden in a secret somewhere as I keep on finding ammo for it. EDIT: Haha, MAP13 is the one that has it.

Some textures missing in MAP13 as well:

rhRF0Fil.jpg

Edited by eqagunn

13 minutes ago, eqagunn said:

Yet Rocket Launchers causes death animation in both Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind. Even BFG does. That centaur Baron of Hell (shame he doesn't have a unique name) was actually the first time I saw an enemy just disappear upon death.

13 levels in and still no Lightning Gun. I guess it must have been hidden in a secret somewhere as I keep on finding ammo for it.

Some textures missing in MAP13 as well:

rhRF0Fil.jpg

I'm not huge fan of Supercharge, but my guess is that it is tied to the Chainsaw spawns, and yeah those very few and far between in Eday 2019. I never updated or fixed any of the gun spawns in my conversion of the mapset. I literally can't recall where the first chainsaw spawn is on the top of my head except that it is on Earth somewher, aka post map11. On Mars there is not a chainsaw to my knowledge.

On those textures, frankly I'm not touching those as they are such a minor detail, and do not look out of place. They are not technically a missing texture or missing sprite, aka blue grid missing texture or missing sprite warning graphic, meaning there is no Effing way I'll find those or know if they are out of place by design or what not. 

The only things I fix are blatantly missing things or movement hindering spots that are not supposed to hinder you for obvious reasons; those are fixes that are already implemented in many spots throughout the megawad. So for all intents and purposes, those screen shots you are showing me are intentionally placed there by Sgt Mark IV himself. I used his direct Brutal Doom v21 code to make this Megawad conversion possible, and I do not screw around with the minor paint job stuff.

6 minutes ago, kalensar said:

So for all intents and purposes, those screen shots you are showing me are intentionally placed there by Sgt Mark IV himself. I used his code to make this Megawad conversion possible, and I do not screw around with the minor paint job stuff.

Understood. Won't be sharing more of these then. Thank you for making EDay available without BD. Works great and the mapset is excellent!

4 minutes ago, eqagunn said:

Understood. Won't be sharing more of these then. Thank you for making EDay available without BD. Works great and the mapset is excellent!

There is a new version out that was based on this project that is even more vanilla-fied produced by some Project Brutality guys. It makes things even more vanilla than this project is for stuff like liquids and other things. My particular Project here aimed to retain the majority of Brutal Doom environmental stuff intact. I'll post the link to the other project just because I do enjoy it as well, and it may be to some other people's likings.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/project-brutality/downloads/eday-pb-version

On 9/14/2022 at 1:52 AM, kalensar said:

There is a new version out that was based on this project that is even more vanilla-fied produced by some Project Brutality guys. It makes things even more vanilla than this project is for stuff like liquids and other things. My particular Project here aimed to retain the majority of Brutal Doom environmental stuff intact. I'll post the link to the other project just because I do enjoy it as well, and it may be to some other people's likings.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/project-brutality/downloads/eday-pb-version

Sadly, it got deleted.

2 hours ago, Grieferus said:

Sadly, it got deleted.

Yes it did, and I can guess that it had to do with permissions on a very specific item. Kind of a sad loss but thats the way it goes sometimes.