Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EPICALLL

Hey, can someone play my wad?

28 minutes ago, PrismaticFrog said:

btw if you're on gzdoom, open the console by pressing the ` key (should be under your esc key) and it'll tell you if something's messed up in your level

also, most editors have a 'debug' mode where they check for things like stuck actors, unneeded linedefs, etc

Yeah, I use the console a lot. That might be a problem on your end.

36 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

Yeah, I use the console a lot. That might be a problem on your end.

Nah, it wouldn't be a problem on my end, I haven't made any modifications to your maps

13 minutes ago, PrismaticFrog said:

Nah, it wouldn't be a problem on my end, I haven't made any modifications to your maps

I immediately forgot about why you told me about the console key, my mistake.

8 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

I immediately forgot about why you told me about the console key, my mistake.

Its all good

Map09: Below ground

- Your doors are way too thick. It looks a bit weird. I know this sounds like a subjective thing, but usually doors are really thin.

- This one plays a lot better since the player has a sufficient amount of resources

- The decorations in the grassy area blocks player movement. I don't know if this was intentional or not.

- Throwing so many enemies at the player isn't fun or particularly engaging

What am I supposed to do in Map 10? There isn't enough rockets to kill all six(?) cyberdemons. Do I skip this map?  

20 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

What am I supposed to do in Map 10? There isn't enough rockets to kill all six(?) cyberdemons. Do I skip this map?  

ANon: Technically, all you need to do is defeat ONE, as killing any Cyber on that level triggers the exit. That being said, it's quite tricky doing so on Hurt Me Plenty & higher. Hoping this helps you out in the meantime.

1 minute ago, ANonThingie! said:

ANon: Technically, all you need to do is defeat ONE, as killing any Cyber on that level triggers the exit. That being said, it's quite tricky doing so on Hurt Me Plenty & higher. Hoping this helps you out in the meantime.

Cool, thanks so much.

Okay this is a weird one as far as PWAD construction is formed, definitely not fresh and clean but still nifty none the less from a bygone era practically. He built the base off the Shareware version. Its missing the PlayPal so it won't fire up as an IWAD from that angle. So i used my custom Kal'sPal to sub it as a PWAD. and it popped this up.

1834708908_Screenshotfrom2022-04-2002-51-12.png.05251f7444586f54e3a9e0fc09fb37a1.png

3 hours ago, kalensar said:

Okay this is a weird one as far as PWAD construction is formed, definitely not fresh and clean but still nifty none the less from a bygone era practically. He built the base off the Shareware version. Its missing the PlayPal so it won't fire up as an IWAD from that angle. So i used my custom Kal'sPal to sub it as a PWAD. and it popped this up.

1834708908_Screenshotfrom2022-04-2002-51-12.png.05251f7444586f54e3a9e0fc09fb37a1.png

Odd. I have no idea how this classified as a modern shareware. I literally never touched the classification

Played it to level 25. Was allright most part. (My gripe losing all your weapons just to play peek a boo with the cyber so i ended it there in level 25) Gave myself a BFG when you needed to kill a Cyber to exit the level since using the Plasma rifle got tedious at that point for me.

Also Labyrinth should definitely have more cells. The backpacks just arent cutting it. Got cornered way too often by Cybers and couldnt do anything.

Overall liked the fast paced action.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:09 PM, kalensar said:

With just a tiny bit more practice, and less rushing of level building, you will definitely produce some excellent and fun maps. Your style of mapping was very fun to explore for the mostly.

Well, I think I finally managed to reach that point, kalensar. But everything's up for interpretation, now. Isn't it?