Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr Dust

Can you load vanilla* saves into PRBoom+?

I have a save on Vanilla DOOM and it worked perfectly on Crispy DOOM but I can't seem to load saves into PRBoom+. Can't find any internet help either. Also, I saved on some random place and the save didn't have its own file, are saves internal on PRBoom+?

No. PrBoom adds data for its Boom features to many game structures, so their internal representation is no longer compatible.

This applies to most ports. The strict vanilla compatible ports are the sole exception here.

2 hours ago, Dr Dust said:

Also, I saved on some random place and the save didn't have its own file, are saves internal on PRBoom+?

Save files will be in the application directory (or in ~/.prboom-plus on Mac/Linux), named prboom-plus-savegame0.dsg and so on.

1 hour ago, Graf Zahl said:

No. PrBoom adds data for its Boom features to many game structures, so their internal representation is no longer compatible.

This applies to most ports. The strict vanilla compatible ports are the sole exception here.

that is helpful information danke

15 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Save files will be in the application directory (or in ~/.prboom-plus on Mac/Linux), named prboom-plus-savegame0.dsg and so on.

Took a while to find it.