Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

Doom 64 Reloaded for the Doom 64 Remaster (Steam, GOG, Epic Games, Bethesda.net, Game Pass)

The bat file gives you a...
custom menu screen,
menu skull has glowing eyes,
menu cursor is a dart
custom message when you pick up the chainsaw... which is referred to as a Duel Bladed Excavator
custom messages when you die. 

I think everything else should be present without the use of the bat file.

Well, map names and episode start/end texts are placeholder strings in MAPINFO, so those won't work without a modified Doom64.kpf at least.

1 hour ago, NightFright said:

Well, map names and episode start/end texts are placeholder strings in MAPINFO, so those won't work without a modified Doom64.kpf at least.

That's all beyond my scope... Immorpher did all the KPF stuff... and most of the music... and some textures.
I did the mapping and resprites and some textures.... basically the monkey work. 
If you have some know-wats about such things then Im sure Immorpher would love your insights. 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:36 PM, AtomicFrog said:

lol fair doos. There seems to be a colligation between how good/fast a player is and how much they dislike traps that make them slow down. 
And judging by your super quick playthrough of the Death Run I can understand why you dislike them. 
There's a Mega and Invun in Death Labs
And a SoulSphere and Mega Armour at the start of Tomb of Shadows.
You didn't need any of those. Which puts you in 'top tier' in my eyes.

Yeah, precisely the reason why I loved Death Run and any level in the campaign that didn't ask anything of me other than 'circlestrafe and shoot'. I like the barest-of-necessities encounters and I'm really into the way a lot of the combat from vanilla is expanded upon. I'm just not that sharp on sorting out level hazards especially if the punishment for failing at them is so severe. I'll hold my opinion that the mod would be improved without the instant death crushers but I've even come to stomach those.

I'm just happy I decided to give this another spin. Much better flow and less haphazardly traversing the levels in fear of dying all of a sudden to something I didn't know how to avoid.

5 hours ago, ᵖᵃᵖᵃʸᵃ said:

Yeah, precisely the reason why I loved Death Run and any level in the campaign that didn't ask anything of me other than 'circlestrafe and shoot'. I like the barest-of-necessities encounters and I'm really into the way a lot of the combat from vanilla is expanded upon. I'm just not that sharp on sorting out level hazards especially if the punishment for failing at them is so severe. I'll hold my opinion that the mod would be improved without the instant death crushers but I've even come to stomach those.

I'm just happy I decided to give this another spin. Much better flow and less haphazardly traversing the levels in fear of dying all of a sudden to something I didn't know how to avoid.

Well the new Ethereal Breakdown wad has just been released and that has loads of fast paced run-n-gun maps. Plus a few that play a bit differently from the norm.
Something for everyone.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, AtomicFrog said:

Well the new Ethereal Breakdown wad has just been released and that has loads of fast paced run-n-gun maps. Plus a few that play a bit differently from the norm.
Something for everyone.

I'll have to check that out after I'm done with my 3rd playthrough of this lol.

EDIT: Scratch that, my save got corrupted somehow. Let's make it a 4th run then :P. I'll do the warp only levels as well, forgot about those.

Edited by ᵖᵃᵖᵃʸᵃ

I have done a clean install of the game with the latest version of the mod and I get this. It doesn't matter in which language I have it, it always happens the same.

DOOM64_x64_2022_10_30_01_48_47_057.png

DOOM64_x64_2022_10_30_01_54_48_500.png

1 hour ago, MortyMcFlurry said:

I have done a clean install of the game with the latest version of the mod and I get this. It doesn't matter in which language I have it, it always happens the same.

Thats something Immorpher will know more about than me.

Guys, that's EXACTLY what I had been talking about before, just a few days ago. Is anybody even reading previous posts in this thread at all? This happens if you don't update your Doom64.kpf with the custom map and cluster texts (or the update fails for some reason during installation). The actual wad only has the loca strings, so it doesn't know what they mean if it cannot read the entries from the language files in the kpf.

I have provided a fixed MAPINFO to address this issue. Replace the old one in your Reloaded wad with SLADE, save and profit (if you don't want to change your Doom.64.kpf file, that is.)

Edited by NightFright

4 hours ago, NightFright said:

Guys, that's EXACTLY what I had been talking about before, just a few days ago. Is anybody even reading previous posts in this thread at all? This happens if you don't update your Doom64.kpf with the custom map and cluster texts (or the update fails for some reason during installation). The actual wad only has the loca strings, so it doesn't know what they mean if it cannot read the entries from the language files in the kpf.

I have provided a fixed MAPINFO to address this issue. Replace the old one in your Reloaded wad with SLADE, save and profit (if you don't want to change your Doom.64.kpf file, that is.)

You know the score... no one reads previous comments... even if they are pinned/highlighted and the topic is on a single page. 

This bug is coming from when we added the spanish translation support. We may need to drop that since it is causing more bugs than people using it unfortunately.

Cool... that seems like the best option. Better than loosing all the custom cluster messages for stock ones. As they are very much part of the 'story telling' in Reloaded. 

Medea found a few very minor thing already... like linedefs that look like they might be secrets on the map... but are not... so expect another update lol

Also there will be some sprite changes that never made it into the original game.
For example this MedKit sprite.
So... if not using them directly... I will be taking aspects of their design to enhance the reloaded sprites.

image.png

Edited by AtomicFrog

I found a use for the unused Medkit design by making it into a Rad-Shield. Which I think looks better than both the original Biohazard symbol sprite.. and the one I placed into an orb.

On 12/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, Immorpher said:

That is a pretty cool idea!

Thanks.
Spent a bit more time on it... Im pretty pleased with the end result.
I dont suppose anyone will realise its based of an unused medkit sprite thats been hidden in some dusty ole sock draw for 20 yrs. lol

Edited by AtomicFrog

BreakDown just got even creepier thanks to these additional sprites. This compressed YouTube video pretty much shows it as it would have looked on the N64 lol
Sprites taken from a very early version of the game... plus a few more tweaks to this level in the next update.

Hi, first I want to say I am a huge fan of Doom 64 Reloaded, I have played through it quite a few times already and I can't get enough of it.  I played through it 5 or so times on EX and now on my third playthrough on remaster.  I've not run into many issues other than the occasional crash, but I did want to report one minor issue I found in breakdown.  There's 2 lost souls that seem to be impossible to trigger to come out of their closets near the beginning of the hallways.  I've tried triggering every secret in the map, including the secret sequence required to get the secret exit to club doom.  I have attached a screenshot of the 2 lost souls on the automap (red triangles).  Nothing major, just wanted to help make this perfect wad even more perfect.

Breakdown - stuck lost souls.jpg

On 12/26/2022 at 6:45 PM, jgs1989 said:

Hi, first I want to say I am a huge fan of Doom 64 Reloaded, I have played through it quite a few times already and I can't get enough of it.  I played through it 5 or so times on EX and now on my third playthrough on remaster.  I've not run into many issues other than the occasional crash, but I did want to report one minor issue I found in breakdown.  There's 2 lost souls that seem to be impossible to trigger to come out of their closets near the beginning of the hallways.  I've tried triggering every secret in the map, including the secret sequence required to get the secret exit to club doom.  I have attached a screenshot of the 2 lost souls on the automap (red triangles).  Nothing major, just wanted to help make this perfect wad even more perfect.

Thanks I'll check that out ;)

Here's a thing Jetx and Immorpher worked out. If a homing tracer macro is triggered by the death of a monster. Those homing fireballs will target the position of the monster that triggered the macro.
Making things like this possible. 

On 12/26/2022 at 6:45 PM, jgs1989 said:

Thats a good find. Its strange coz those hidden alcoves should open when the cube with the yellow key lowers... as they are all tagged the same.
Will have to figure out why it's not lowering those other sectors.
Good find

4 minutes ago, AtomicFrog said:

Thats a good find. Its strange coz those hidden alcoves should open when the cube with the yellow key lowers... as they are all tagged the same.
Will have to figure out why it's not lowering those other sectors.
Good find

Thanks!  I want to also throw in that I will gladly help play test any new builds/updates you guys might release, whether it be for Doom 64 Reloaded or any other Doom 64 project for that matter.  I really love what you guys have made with Doom 64 Reloaded and I really hope you guys make more Doom 64 content in the future.

23 minutes ago, jgs1989 said:

Thanks!  I want to also throw in that I will gladly help play test any new builds/updates you guys might release, whether it be for Doom 64 Reloaded or any other Doom 64 project for that matter.  I really love what you guys have made with Doom 64 Reloaded and I really hope you guys make more Doom 64 content in the future.

Join Immorpher's D64 discord where we discuss all things D64... and make childish jokes and really should grow the f*** up.
You'll also get to enjoy my pointless rants. And Twilight telling me off.
Doomworld is great n stuff... but if you really have more than just a passing interest in Doom 64... that's the place to be. 
All the D64 mappers... modders... playtesters hang out there.

Edited by AtomicFrog

23 minutes ago, AtomicFrog said:

Join Immorpher's D64 discord where we discuss all things D64... and make childish jokes and really should grow the f*** up.
You'll also get to enjoy my pointless rants. And Twilight telling me off.
Doomworld is great n stuff... but if you really have more than just a passing interest in Doom 64... that's the place to be. 
All the D64 mappers... modders... playtesters hang out there.

Thanks for the invite, I just joined.  I have no idea how discord works, I have admittedly never used it but hopefully I can figure it out...as I get older I am becoming more inept at picking up these new apps lol

4 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

Here's a thing Jetx and Immorpher worked out. If a homing tracer macro is triggered by the death of a monster. Those homing fireballs will target the position of the monster that triggered the macro.
Making things like this possible. 

I never noticed how red the tracer smoke trail was until here! It's looking really cool!