Find results in...
BonciuADV

Doom 3 Ultimate Items AND Enemy Locations Guide

Just wanted to contribute here, regarding Phobos Labs: Sector 2

Doom 3 ROE Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Barrel Building

Doom 3 ROE Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Walkway Access

Doom 3 BFG Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Chair Building with Box

Doom 3 BFG Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Walkway Access

Finally figured out how to get there, through the use of noclip figure out access routes.

Apparently, you are meant to stack objects together as a method to climb your way up there. Barrels are much easier in vanilla RoE than chairs in BFG. Both using the original ports (it should be doable in source ports as far as I can tell). The hint is the monster that crawls in that area shows you the path to the items, but not necessarily how you get up there. Given that there is a reason for the gravity gun to exist, this is why/how to reach that point.

I do want to reiterate... chair building is tough and terrible compared to barrels as they are completely missing in the BFG version, so pulling the chairs from the Research Labs (without triggering the monsters) is annoying to say the least (at least you will get no monsters). Barrels are found in the next area which are very easily accessible to build what is necessary to access the rocket launcher location.

I hope this is enlightening.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:26 AM, Deathlike2 said:

Just wanted to contribute here, regarding Phobos Labs: Sector 2

Doom 3 ROE Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Barrel Building

Doom 3 ROE Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Walkway Access

Doom 3 BFG Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Chair Building with Box

Doom 3 BFG Phobos Labs Sector 2 - Walkway Access

Finally figured out how to get there, through the use of noclip figure out access routes.

Apparently, you are meant to stack objects together as a method to climb your way up there. Barrels are much easier in vanilla RoE than chairs in BFG. Both using the original ports (it should be doable in source ports as far as I can tell). The hint is the monster that crawls in that area shows you the path to the items, but not necessarily how you get up there. Given that there is a reason for the gravity gun to exist, this is why/how to reach that point.

I do want to reiterate... chair building is tough and terrible compared to barrels as they are completely missing in the BFG version, so pulling the chairs from the Research Labs (without triggering the monsters) is annoying to say the least (at least you will get no monsters). Barrels are found in the next area which are very easily accessible to build what is necessary to access the rocket launcher location.

I hope this is enlightening.

Thank you, this is giant news, on par with the method to get 100% secrets on Industrial Zone. We can now finally get 100% items!

I am reviving this thread for a good reason. Code red: @Li'l devil is back. I am going to ask politely about those grenades in alpha labs, lost souls in enpro and trite in recycling sector 1. There will be no violence. I just wanna talk to him. I just want to talk to him.

Edit: I am stupid and sometimes get too excited this wasn't funny and came off as creepy don't mind me.

Edited by BonciuADV

Wow.

I'm sorry, but I really don't remember where those grenades are. Even worse, I don't have the BFG Edition and even if I had, I remember extracting maps from it was pain, and I don't want to do that again. So either they're well hidden, or my other guess is that maybe they put one more grenade pack on the exact position of another? Or somehow I made a mistake, I really don't know.

As for lost souls on EnPro. I remember this level had a ton of them (and trites in the original). I could miscount them, but again, I can't know. Same thing with trites. Maybe I accidentally counted ones from a cutscene or miscounted.

Mind that I'm not a robot, I could miscount stuff, or even write down the wrong number somewhere. Also, in the editor I remember sometimes item naming was confusing. Like, (just as an example) instead of normal names like "imp_017" a monster can be called "imp_maint" or something. And then I had to guess where this was just a setpiece monster (that the game will despawn) or a real one.

Sorry for double posting. I was just a bit shocked, I didn't know this thread existed until now, only now just read the whole thing. Anyway, I'm glad my lists on the wiki were of some use and it's cool that you went one step further and broke down levels room by room. I guess I'd be more specific with describing where some hidden items are located (like for example, 2 hidden shards in the Mars City Underground checkpoint at the start; I'd never find those without the editor), and I guess there's a more ideal way to create item guides instead of just listing them in forum posts, but it's not like I'd do better.

Also, really really cool that you stitched all maps together! I remember wanting to do the same, but it seemed too bothersome to me.