Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XXx_D00MSL4Y3R_69_xXX

Kindle Fire mod compatibility?

Hey, I was looking for some good doom games to play when I am on a road trip and don't have WiFi for my xbox. So I found a freedom port. 

So I just wanna know what wads if any are compatible with the freedom for kindle fire.

I think most wad files should work? I don't know how to create a wad directory on my kindle so instructions for that would also be nice.

Just wanna know if I can use custom wads or level packs for.my kindle and the steps.on how to do that

Thank you.

-XXx_D00MSL4Y3R_69_xXX

I've done a bit of digging, and it just seems to be a mobile version of either ZDoom or GZDoom, it is a little hard to tell between those two. so I'm pretty sure any wads compatible with GZDoom anc ZDoom should work, but I don't know how to properly download, mount, and activate them. I don't know how on PC let alone kindle! So any help is good help.

oh, ok. i don't know what to link. I just opened then options menu  and recognized it was the Zdoom options menu from when I used Zdoom on my aunt's old vista laptop, I used Zdoom because it would say it couldn't run GZdoom I'll screensot the gameplay interface and get back to you on that

-The [KB] button opens the keyboard.

-The filled circle fires the weapon.

-The open circle is the interact key.

-The up and down arrows are for changing current weapon.

-You move and look by dragging your finger.

-The arrows move through the menu.

That should cover the basics of operations other that obvious items like [SAVE] and [LOAD] doing what it says on the tin

It was a free app for my Kindle fire that contains two Iwads:

Freedoom Episode 1 (it's equivalent would be The Ultimate Doom)

And Freedom Episode 2 (It is the Doom 2 variant)

All textures, sprites, sounds, and maps have been made as new data.

But the behavior is identical to classic doom, as it is open source (But you already knew that, of course)

Screenshot_20220901-191831.png

Screenshot_20220901-191736.png

Screenshot_20220901-191726.png

Isn't a Kindle Fire basically an android tablet, just download an app called Delta Touch, it's a whole bundle of source ports modified to run on Android.

Freedom is included by you can add your own iwads, pwads and mods go in the mods folder and you order them from the launcher. Don't expect good performance on GZDoom running on a fire, my kids have them and their not exactly powerful gaming machines so you probably want to run Chocolate Doom.

Oh and buy good controller or use an Xbox one, touch screen controls are not for FPS.