Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZOMILE

Times you should not have won

I want this thread to be filled with experiences in any multiplayer game or match where you won a fight that you probably "Should not have won", like a knife kill against a pro or the other person was extremely skilled with better weapons and you still beat his ass, stuff like that. I post this here because i do not limit it to just doom, but doom and quake are very good entries!! 

For example, in Quake i was playing against a friend who was about 4 times better than me, he had control of all the items, i had light armor and a double barrel shotgun. When he shot at me i miraculously dodged and sent 2 loads of my buckshot into his face few times and ran away. He kicked my ass ever since, but I almost never wiped my smile off my face since then.

Me and friends were playing Football last summer and I did few critical saves as a goalie. 

Also playing Company of Heroes Blitzkrieg mod in Skirmish/online vs Expert AI has given very epic last stands that somehow were turned as our victories. 

There's a few multi-player games built around this idea, Worms and Mario Party for example, the underdog always has a chance of a last minute reversal.

Used to both play and GM for a game called S4 league. An old MMO similar to GuNz. That game was full of script-kiddos. The thing is, most scripts for the game were aimbots or wallhacks. But the game relied a lot on reaction-time, movement, dodges and keyboard input. So ... At some point, hacker enters a game of Chaser (It's a mode where one strong player is tasked with killing everyone else). Lo and behold, he's using aimbot. So ... I realize. The moment he shoots ... We're all dead. So, what can I do to prevent that? Simple. Not let him shoot. So I ended up circledodging around him and stunlocking him.

The guy only had guns and no swords, because that's obviously easy to aimbot with. Meaning he couldn't block my sword slashes. And since I actually had the skills he didn't ... He literally couldn't escape me, load his gun and fire. Rounds last between 1m30 and 3 minutes. So I spent 3 minutes running after the dude and whacking him with a sword, canceling his loading/firing animation. End result, the aimbot hacker got mechanically defeated, for the simple reason that he was not allowed to press the trigger a single time. The cherry on top? Once he got really pissed off and started including more scripts ... I simply logged in to my GM account and immediately banned him. GG.

Any MK11 match where the opponent whiffs a Fatal Blow and opens up to a round-ending combo. 

5 hours ago, CFWMagic said:

Used to both play and GM for a game called S4 league. An old MMO similar to GuNz. That game was full of script-kiddos. The thing is, most scripts for the game were aimbots or wallhacks. But the game relied a lot on reaction-time, movement, dodges and keyboard input. So ... At some point, hacker enters a game of Chaser (It's a mode where one strong player is tasked with killing everyone else). Lo and behold, he's using aimbot. So ... I realize. The moment he shoots ... We're all dead. So, what can I do to prevent that? Simple. Not let him shoot. So I ended up circledodging around him and stunlocking him.

The guy only had guns and no swords, because that's obviously easy to aimbot with. Meaning he couldn't block my sword slashes. And since I actually had the skills he didn't ... He literally couldn't escape me, load his gun and fire. Rounds last between 1m30 and 3 minutes. So I spent 3 minutes running after the dude and whacking him with a sword, canceling his loading/firing animation. End result, the aimbot hacker got mechanically defeated, for the simple reason that he was not allowed to press the trigger a single time. The cherry on top? Once he got really pissed off and started including more scripts ... I simply logged in to my GM account and immediately banned him. GG.

bro fucked with the wrong guy ong fr

(Deleted)

Edited by CFWMagic : Deleting because this should've been in the moderator locked thread and has nothing to do with this one)

I bought wasteland 2 3 months back and found out i sucked, i recently started playing it again. My email is TwentyMile30@outlook.com if you wanna look into it, not much though. 

I think the most times where I won where I shouldn't have would be good old Halo 2. A staple of playing Halo 2 for me was throwing hand grenades at far-away targets when all I had was Caseless SMGs which really aren't great at long range. So, what would happen on a regular basis, would me tossing two frags, and then spraying the SMGs across the map, trying to force my opponent to back off right into the grenades I've just thrown. Typically, that resulted in the enemy killing me, and then blowing up on said grenades.

I suppose plasma grenades work too, but it feels a bit less ... Random I guess? It's not all that hard to snipe people with those. But frag grenades being bouncy as hell, it really felt like I would pull kills out of my ass at long range, while I had no weapons which should be able to kill at long range at all.

Edited by CFWMagic : Adjusting to the thread being separated and moderator taking action.