Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuyaSSS

How to make Forcefields passable in Boom/MBF21

Question

For example, I want to make it so the following Forcefield Midtexture disappear after I press a switch and let me pass through.

XpIlJdZ.png

1 answer to this question

If you want it translucent, so regular wall logic won't do:

- Make a thin closed sector, like you would do with a door.

- Apply effect "Create fake floor/ceiling" to it, with sector in front of line matching the door frame - maybe even using door frame itself. This will make sector draw as it was open.

- Put middle textures on the lines inside the door sector or on the edges. Adjust its height so it will cover the passage (I'm never sure if it needs to be negative or positive offset, experiment) and apply translucency effect to this line. By default it's aligned to ceiling, will be aligned to floor if it's lower unpegged.

- Use effect that will make the sector move instantly - either by telling it to lower ceiling to highest ceiling, or to raise floor to lowest floor, depending on what you did to close it. Now when you'll press the button, force field will disappear into ceiling/floor

- Make sure there's at least some difference between surfaces the force field is drawn between so it will clip properly. Setting brightness 1 unit apart would do.