Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bomberboi98

Hey, Doomworld!

Question

10 answers to this question

Most, if not all of the start prefabs should have at least 4 co-op starts. There's code in some of the older Oblige versions that allude to building hexagonal DM/CTF levels; I'm not sure if that ever made it into any releases or not.

EDIT: You may want to also try producing a Procedural Gotcha level. Although not meant for Deathmatch per se, it is usually a smaller symmetrical area well stocked with weapons and ammo.

5 hours ago, Sixty-nine said:

doom builder

But when I edit any Obsidian level in doom builder, the doors in the map won't open.

1 hour ago, Bomberboi98 said:

But when I edit any Obsidian level in doom builder, the doors in the map won't open.

Are they in UDMF format? We use the ZDoomTranslated namespace which I don't think GZDB really knows what to do with unless they've added that configuration. It may be trying to resave the map under the ZDoom namespace if that's the case and messing up the specials. If the map is in binary format I'm not sure what's up.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:46 AM, dasho said:

Are they in UDMF format? We use the ZDoomTranslated namespace which I don't think GZDB really knows what to do with unless they've added that configuration. It may be trying to resave the map under the ZDoom namespace if that's the case and messing up the specials. If the map is in binary format I'm not sure what's up.

Is it UDMF by default?

Just now, Bomberboi98 said:

Is it UDMF by default?

If the Port selection is one that can support UDMF (ZDoom Family, EDGE-Classic, Eternity), then yes it will produce UDMF by default. You can change the format in the "Map Build Options" module which should be at the very top of the first column of modules regardless of port selection.

17 minutes ago, Bomberboi98 said:

On Beta 19 or 20?

Cause I have both.

I can't remember about Beta 19, but I imagine the same behavior would be present. 20 is now the stable branch so I can't grab a copy of 19 to double-check that, though.