Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheesewheel

Malevolence: SHUTDOWN (one map for PRBOOM+)

Dynamic fights and good pace of progression, enjoyed a lot just like E1. Looking forward to E2!

A couple technical hiccups:

Spoiler

1) Silent teleporter through the lift to the underground fight is very janky visually. Maybe make that a straight pitfall into darkness?

2) Same area softlocks on revisit - sector 2072 missing action to reveal the switch (or just slap something like 15403 on the original switch that opens the door?).

3) missed about 20ish enemies, didn't check in-game but my suspicion is middle row mancubus teleporter not functioning - sector 2453 missing corresponding scroller, so first manc to loop will lock an arbitrary amount of monsters in there.

Everything felt great, and the map was surprisingly approachable considering the fact that it has more enemies than most megawads have enemies, and the setup to Episode 2 looks very interesting. I have very few criticisms this time around, I really enjoyed my time playing this.

Spoiler

There's an area that is a softlock, after the fight between the cacodemons, revenants, cyberknights, and the 2 cyberdemons. I got a little lost so I thought I had to backtrack to the arena, but I couldn't get past the door, so I had to noclip to get to the other room since there was no switch to get the elevator back up.

Otherwise, this map had some great pacing and aesthetics, and I'll definitely be looking forward to Episode 2.