Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rykzeon

Help! My laptop monitor suddenly has ghosting effect and "venetian-blind" effect.

So, in short, I was messing with Display options (trying to increase shared system memory). Then after I entered my password and login into my computer, my monitor suddenly has "Venetian-Blind' effect and ghosting effect. Then after few seconds, it got worsen. Some topmost pixel seems don't effected.

Spoiler

weird.jpg.de69554f9394dbc365293e61bc0e8b96.jpg

Spoiler

monitor.jpg.b0fe4e58c73d40f35244b2058441c2c4.jpg

It seems doesn't affect my second monitor in any way.
My laptop's monitor history: It has stuck pixels on very top of the monitor (it barely visible so I let it away) about 1 month ago, due to when I put my laptop standby (sleep), it just came powered on by itself (unsure why). Same goes with hibernation.

Can anyone know what is the problem? Thanks!

If it doesn't happen with another monitor, than your problem is likely the ribbon cable connecting the motherboard and the display, or the display itself. This would mean it's a physical issue and laptop will need to be serviced.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

If it doesn't happen with another monitor, than your problem is likely the ribbon cable connecting the motherboard and the display, or the display itself. This would mean it's a physical issue and laptop will need to be serviced.

It definitely looks more like a hardware problem than a software one. Weird it happened at the time of tinkering but life's like that sometimes. A tech should be able to connect another panel to confirm.