Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
princetontiger

Alien Vendetta versions

Hey all

My memory is hazy, but I remember a different beginning mapset for AV at one time. If I recall, the first or second map began outside a building and you had to battle your way into it. Near the middle of the building was a green slime with a cyberdemon.

What map is this? 

Hey @princetontiger, I just thought I would drop this in as I am just about to start playing Alien Vendetta now and thought there may be a few points that may be of interest to you or others.

1) Rendering:

I noticed a rendering quirk (HOM effect) on the first map of Alien Vendetta and thought I might be doing something wrong. This effect is shown in the slime channel on the floor and in the corresponding area of the ceiling (arrowed in the image below). Turns out the glitch is visible in Opengl rendering mode only and not in Software rendering. A useful explanation of it is here: 

image.png.f83c93c299b82c33fd211a0d07fd6de0.png

2) Setup to Use:

Though completely preferential I decided to use the second release of Alien Vendetta based on the thread here and some research:

My specific setup is:

WAD: av.wad (24.12.2002 release)

Port: DSDA-Doom (0.25.6)

Game: Doom II: Hell on Earth v1.9 (IWAD)

Complevel: 2

Launcher: ZDL 3-1.1

3) Additional Assets to Use:

Also, I expect to use the following community developed assets:

MUSIC: Community Midi Pack: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/music/avmidi

Note: There is an original music track in av.wad in case you would not want to miss it. It is MAP20: "Fight the Logic If You Can", original music track by Chris Laverdure (Dashiva)

Widescreen Assets: https://github.com/NightFright2k19/doom_widehud (av_uwide_fix.wad with levelnames)

Now that I look at this my post seems a bit heavy, but maybe there is something useful in there! Thanks.

Edited by ImproversGaming : Removed Sprite Fixes - not compatible