Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aimshows

new mega WAD

hey guys im going to making my first mega WAD for doom 2. it is best played in GZdoom with the mods "beautiful doom" and "smooth doom"

i will release the wad when i have finished sometime either at the end of the year or the start of next year. please keep in mind this is my first doom mapping project so it will not be the best but i will try to make it fun and a challenge at the same time.

the wad will be called "The Awakening" and will be posted here. i will make updates and make sure you guys are kept updated. so far i just started the second map. i will release a early version here. i will contain the first 4 maps. they will be short. i hope that when it is finished it will be fun for new doomers and people who want a challenge.

i will post update pictures and update logs as the project continues.

EDIT 1: the first map of the wad has been finished and i have started work on the second map YAY! i will release a wad file with both maps as a little progress shower. unfortunately the mega wad wont be finished for a good while because i have school to worry about. But not to worry i'll be done with this term of school in 8 weeks and i will have a full 2 weeks to work on this wad file i will also work on it after school when i have time and any free time on the weekends!

im looking forwards to when i'm finished and it's published

Edited by aimshows : update log 1

the second map is ago! this is just a small snipet of what is to come

image.png.6f6cf80d1b5cfad623527dd9b8c942af.png

(im sorry about the cross hair i unfortunately don't know how to hide it.)

image.png.ea3bbb99f1f6f9a8e5fd58d9c7eb6363.png

looks intense

Despite the raw look, this map looks interesting! Especially the second screenshot! Looks frightening indeed.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:44 AM, Walter confetti said:

Despite the raw look, this map looks interesting! Especially the second screenshot! Looks frightening indeed.

thanks for the support this will be my first ever map that has been made so it wont be the best but im hoping it won't be one of these wads that are shit and just sit at the bottom of doomworld 

hey guys quick update on the WAD. there have been a HUGE change of plans. i lost the original UBD file to make the map so i had to remake some of the wad of the top of my head so some parts of the WAD will be different.
EG: the pictures from July will were from the first level but now that has been changed to another level.

im sorry to delay the map but i hope to have it out either by the end of this year or mid way through next year. this has been because of school but i promise i will get it finished at some point.

also i haven't been motivated to work on my project so that is also a big reason for the delay and why you haven't seen updates since July.

thank you for understanding and i hope to have it out either at the end of the year or the start of next year.

here is an image for the new start of the first level

PS: the new level 2 map has just started. i will finish 1 level then wait a while before starting the next map as to minimize burnout

the awakening (1).jpg

hey guys new update! it must be nice to finally get some news recently about this wad.

well the FIRST 3 MAPS ARE FINISHED!

i will upload this wad.

quick note the map names haven't been changed yet so the original names from doom 2 are still there.

i will be sure to change this when i finish the wad as well as change the bits of diolauge

(EG: in dead simple there is a piece of text)

when these bits of text pop up please ignore them. they will be changed. also when you finish map 03 you will just continue with the doom 2 campaign.

also this will be in a .rar file as for when the final version is finished it would be a nice touch to put all of the older version of the wad.

the awakening.rar

hey guys. i have some sad new. im possibly canceling this project. the reason this is, is because im feeling really doubtful about this wad, im also feeling really unmotivated to finish this project. for the time i was working on this project i had a little fun but felt like it wasn't worth doing when there are more productive things i could be doing in my free time.

im really sorry about this. i hope you can see why i have decided to stop making this map and possibly stopped making it indefinitely.

thank you for all the support guys

<3

i have some unfortunate news.. its over. im sorry for the people who've been looking forwards to this wad for a long time and after months and months of waiting its just not coming out.

im sorry if anyone is disappointment at least you can still play the first few levels of the wad down below

the awakening.rar

Don't worry, take a break, then if you're motivated again, use the ideas that you found interesting in your wad to make, maybe not a megawad, but first a simple map! ;)