Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moustachio

Embryo: where each map is smaller than the last

I have been but very slowly, exams mean i wont finish it off till mid-July. Sorry for taking so long with this.

No worries to those taking longer or dropping slots. Mapping takes a lot of energy, and it doesn't always go as planned. Plus, I don't think it would be a bad thing to release this as a shorter set of maps.

Exactly! 50 Shades of Graytall only needed 18 maps to win a Cacoward. As long as the maps are decreasing in size, the project should be alright.

Posted (edited)

I'm liking what i'm seeing so far with this beta. Great variety in map setting, tone, combat, and aesthetics. Some bugs here and there with death exits not working properly. Some very talented mappers in this one. The machine map (map26) was the first one that I really had to focus all my effort into optimizing my movements, and Deliverance (map 28) was just good fun. But I enjoyed all the maps. You definitely start to feel the squeeze around map 20, as the levels start to get more and more cramped. Leading up to map 20, the maps getting smaller is less noticeable. Looking forward to the final release. 

Update: The map is now fully functional. I'm still working on balancing the fights, detailing and adding some structures outside the play area.

Spoiler

InKIdxI.png

Hello! I am still working on 29. I had some computer problems before...and then some motivation problems...

Getting all the things properly spawning in at the right times / wall movement working consistently has ended up being harder and more confusing than I expected. Anyway, just wanted to show some proof of life.

image.png.13bcf4743fe6e41135de28cc0dda650e.png

Thank you to those still working on their maps! I appreciate you all going the extra mile to help finish this project out and make it the best it can possibly be.