Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic Meatball

(Needs playtesting) The Big F**king Arsenal : A .bex weapon mod that makes even God Machine completable

So I made this silly mod that turns every gun into a BFG variant. I'm posting it here to have poeple give feedback on what would make it better. Intended for Boom-compatible source ports, though it works in Crispy Doom

Contents of the zip file :

- BFA.wad : the wad containing all necessary graphics and sounds, + the dehacked and a credits file,

- BFA.deh : the Dehacked seperately from the wad, in case a port needs it seperately,

- GunRoulette.bex : an additional patch that replaces every rocket pack with a gun roulette, for maps that don't have a lot of different guns.

BFA.zip

Screenies :

Spoiler

1642952817_Capturedcran(5).png.5efb538f98e686946a724b6b66ab690a.png1580341999_Capturedcran(4).png.c109f56b3375039101ee0e3102f8acf6.png1176924632_Capturedcran(1).png.06a7e5712d3d1d8319963ffa7218fc75.png

1814341314_Capturedcran(2).png.b29d6ff59be291158ce139b93de1ea1e.png

Edited by Demonic Meatball

On 11/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, DELTA256 said:

some screenshots would be nice

On 11/19/2023 at 12:12 PM, RataUnderground said:

Also, intended sourceport/compatibility?

Can’t really post screen shots rn, will do whenever I can.

The mod is intended for Boom compatibility, though it works in Crispy Doom

Edit : Whenever I could was now ! Relevent info was added in the OP.

Edited by Demonic Meatball

I tested the base mod on Down the Drain map 31. (Here is a youtube UV-max by @akolai to get the idea abou the map in question)

The arsenal does work as advertised and makes the level 20 times more manageable.

So the basic idea behind the mod is sound and well-realized.

However, there some imperfections:

1) The turbo-punches look very janky. I think that, a knife like in Ray Mohawk, or a fast-swinging version of a Worm\V/wood fire-axe would look better for slot 1.

2) BFG-1680, BFG-2400 and the Unmaker feel very samey in actual gameplay. Ultimately, this is not a problem. But it is a little big boring, IMHO.

3) I love the BFUIPG 4080 with all my heart. However, I am a bit concerned that this gun requires some monster-based deHacked changes. I think that it could be worthwhile to make some silly rapid fire rocket launcher weapon for slot 5 ( BFRL-5000 ? ), and either move BFUIPG to a different slot (like slot 7, slot 4, or even slot 2, like Deadliest Dem((li)ti)on does with its rocket launcher), or remove it entirely. What do you think?

On 11/23/2023 at 2:39 PM, Azure_Horror said:

I tested the base mod on Down the Drain map 31. (Here is a youtube UV-max by @akolai to get the idea abou the map in question)

The arsenal does work as advertised and makes the level 20 times more manageable.

So the basic idea behind the mod is sound and well-realized.

However, there some imperfections:

1) The turbo-punches look very janky. I think that, a knife like in Ray Mohawk, or a fast-swinging version of a Worm\V/wood fire-axe would look better for slot 1.

2) BFG-1680, BFG-2400 and the Unmaker feel very samey in actual gameplay. Ultimately, this is not a problem. But it is a little big boring, IMHO.

3) I love the BFUIPG 4080 with all my heart. However, I am a bit concerned that this gun requires some monster-based deHacked changes. I think that it could be worthwhile to make some silly rapid fire rocket launcher weapon for slot 5 ( BFRL-5000 ? ), and either move BFUIPG to a different slot (like slot 7, slot 4, or even slot 2, like Deadliest Dem((li)ti)on does with its rocket launcher), or remove it entirely. What do you think?

Thanks for the feedback ! Updated the file in the OP. Changes include :

- Replaced the melee with a fast firing, quad-powered super punch.

- BFSG-1680 and BFSG 2400 recieved some balance changes, so hopefully they now fill different niches in the combat loop.

- I don't know what you mean by "monster-based changes", could you clarify ?

I also did some adjustments to the whole "roulettes" thing, most importantly I added the ammo roulette to the main file, since most slaughter maps give you all the weapons, but no ammo for most of them. Tell me how it works now !