Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VisigothEm

GZDoom is black and white

I have been trying to fix it on and off for over 5 years to no avail. I'm a programmer and would consider writing the entire engine myself pretty trivial and yet somehow GZDoom just won't fucking work. I haven't done anything bizzare with my install, I've tried ZDL and no ZDL, The WAD runs fine on other source ports, It's black and white regardless of game or mod, I've tried dozens of versions, every renderer, will someone PLEASE help me it's been damn near 10 years I want to play some damn doom mods I've just always not played anything that needs GZDoom specifically but I can't pass up Doom Infinite so someone please help me I tried to make an account on the GZDoom forums but it told me 12 characters was too short a password then blocked me from trying again please help me this is a cry of desperation.

doombug.png

weird.. Looks far away more creepy in black and white tho. 

How is it when you try other source ports?? DSDA-Doom, Woof!, Crispy Doom, Chocolate Doom? 

What OS you got? 

On 12/8/2023 at 6:45 PM, RushupDen said:

weird.. Looks far away more creepy in black and white tho.

On 12/8/2023 at 9:45 PM, invalidlain said:

completely inconsequential statement, but i think the black and white looks pretty cool

I agree! Some people (like me) have to run a mod wad like Doom Noir to get a good look like that!

On 12/11/2023 at 10:19 PM, No-Man Baugh said:

Any updates on the black and white situation? This does look like you just got the saturation slider set to 0.00 rather than 1.00

On 12/8/2023 at 5:04 PM, Shepardus said:

What do you have "Saturation" set to in the display options? Should be 1.00 by default.

Yeah couldn't get back for a sec, it was just saturation. weird that it defaulted to 0. Lowkey embarrassed I didn't find it sooner, thank you.