Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cartel

How to end wad in boom? Map 32 goes to map 16.

Every time I exit map 32 in my wad, it goes to map 16. GZDoom & ZDoom all exit correctly then displays my BOSSBACK pic. I'm still learning how to setup UMAPINFO. 

What I have for map 32 in UMAPINFO:

MAP MAP32
{
    levelname = "Time To Go Home"
    skytexture = "SKY1"
    intertext = clear
    levelpic = "CWILV31"
    endgame = true
    endpic = "BOSSBACK"
}

Is this correct?

With a bit of testing, intertext = clear apparently overrides endgame = true. So you need an intertext/interbackdrop. intertext = "" works on dsda but fails on Woof (loops to the same map or more accurately probably start-of-episode, I tested on map01), so cross-port hack seems to be to put a space:

MAP MAP01
{
    levelname = "test"
    intertext = " "
    interbackdrop = "BOSSBACK"
    endgame = true
    endpic = "BOSSBACK"
}

This will display an empty interlude and then if you hit use display empty identical endgame pic.

On GZDoom interbackdrop and endpic draw at visibly different offsets for me, so you might want to just use native mapinfo there.

11 hours ago, Doomy__Doom said:

With a bit of testing, intertext = clear apparently overrides endgame = true. So you need an intertext/interbackdrop. intertext = "" works on dsda but fails on Woof (loops to the same map or more accurately probably start-of-episode, I tested on map01), so cross-port hack seems to be to put a space:

MAP MAP01
{
    levelname = "test"
    intertext = " "
    interbackdrop = "BOSSBACK"
    endgame = true
    endpic = "BOSSBACK"
}

This will display an empty interlude and then if you hit use display empty identical endgame pic.

On GZDoom interbackdrop and endpic draw at visibly different offsets for me, so you might want to just use native mapinfo there.

Thank you so much, man. That fixed it.