Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
britzn99

unfinished - 77.wad

Hey everyone,

This is my first ever map I have ever made for DOOM2, and it was a fun experience! It was heavily inspired by MyHouse, and it only took me about 5 hours to make. Let me know where I could improve, and what I could do next. It is unfinished, but you probably won't notice that on your first playthrough. However if you get stuck in a part of the map, it is probably just unfinished. Also, sorry for the blandness of the map. I still need to watch the tutorials on how to properly texture a map. 

Basic info:

Made with UDMF, tested with the most recent version of GZDoom.

Uses freelook, and jumping

Only one map, which is MAP01

The map is relatively easy, and monster count doesn't change depending on dififculty.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jM6FrEOted4LY8pBFJa4Zhd9GKMwqVH_?usp=sharing Download link

Screenshot 2024-03-10 122825.png

Screenshot 2024-03-10 122840.png

Screenshot 2024-03-10 122852.png

The constant invisible teleporting was  very disorienting and didn't really serve a purpose. Just something I noticed.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

The constant invisible teleporting was  very disorienting and didn't really serve a purpose. Just something I noticed.

Fair enough, I think I overused line set portal a little to much.

I see you like the Prey style portals a lot lol.  It is indeed very disorienting but I think that's what he wanted to do with the map. 

One thing I noticed right off the bat is the textures on the sides of the door need the "lower unpegged" or "upper unpegged" flag to stop moving with the door.  Also I would delete the Entryway and make a spawn for player 1 inside the part of the map that you intend the player to go through.  At first I thought the .wad wasn't working right because I spawned at the typical Entryway spawn.  

I also got stuck here: 

Spoiler

Stuck.png.da3162a0cce313ec48c7e3395798480d.png

You should check these channels out on Youtube chubzdoomer, Lazygamer, and DavidXNewton.  They have excellent tutorials you can learn from. 

Looking forward to see what you come up with in the furture!

26 minutes ago, IamtheLaw said:

I see you like the Prey style portals a lot lol.  It is indeed very disorienting but I think that's what he wanted to do with the map. 

One thing I noticed right off the bat is the textures on the sides of the door need the "lower unpegged" or "upper unpegged" flag to stop moving with the door.  Also I would delete the Entryway and make a spawn for player 1 inside the part of the map that you intend the player to go through.  At first I thought the .wad wasn't working right because I spawned at the typical Entryway spawn.  

I also got stuck here: 

Reveal hidden contents

Stuck.png.da3162a0cce313ec48c7e3395798480d.png

You should check these channels out on Youtube chubzdoomer, Lazygamer, and DavidXNewton.  They have excellent tutorials you can learn from. 

Looking forward to see what you come up with in the furture!

Thanks!

Spoiler

The place you got stuck in is where the next part of the map will be at. It is a lot, but i'm working on it. 

The lower and upper unpegged stuff I know how to do, i'm just to lazy to do it. Once I polish the map it'll be fixed. Also, I think spawning the player in entryway leads into the map well, but i'll probably make a different entry point to the rest of the map later. 

Thanks for the feedback, a new version will be up soon!

8 hours ago, britzn99 said:

The lower and upper unpegged stuff I know how to do, i'm just to lazy to do it.

559oe2.jpg.db2d7b56546726d064356e97892672a3.jpg