Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delisk

Aenigma of the damned - Single map (UDMF) with puzzle elements

Posted (edited)

A single Hell/Gothic theme map with 2 puzzle to solve, one is required to access the final battle, the other granting you the BFG to make the final battle a breeze.

Clues are around on how to solve each

Iwad : Doom 2

Format UDMF

Tested with : GZDoom 4.8.1 | GZDoom 4.11.3 | lzdoom

Map : map01

Build time : Way too long fort a single map

Completion time : 20 min (minus head scratching)

Difficulty settings : Yes, Less health around and minimal monster change in UV,  reduced monster count from HMP to HNTR

Freelook : ok 

No Jumping No crouching

The File : Aenigma-of-the-damned.zip

No issue with weapons mod

Compatible with Dead Marine

Not compatible with Zandronum

Not compatible Brutal Doom (mod keep changing monster TID)

Compatible with Project Brutality

Additional Credits

Music from : I have forgotten the download source, if anyone know please let me know
Textures : OTEX | Ola Bjorling

Screenshoots

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20240317_001646.png.9526cd8d8589617c294a43b90bcd0411.png

Screenshot_Doom_20240317_001628.png.c01b9f08d0bc8b2b45ba802d0b4bc852.png

Screenshot_Doom_20240317_001412.png.8c6236d504cc2a87e38232e53b8b183e.png

Edited by Delisk

I don't have the head for puzzles right now (I guess it's linked to the rooms with the raise/lower arrows) but I did what I could.

49 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I don't have the head for puzzles right now (I guess it's linked to the rooms with the raise/lower arrows) but I did what I could.

Thanks for trying... you missed the very large door on the first floor, between the red monster closet you had 2 hell knight coming out from, things would have been more clear.

17 hours ago, Delisk said:

Thanks for trying... you missed the very large door on the first floor, between the red monster closet you had 2 hell knight coming out from, things would have been more clear.

yes. Although I feel like the place with the solution is a little hard to see since it's high up and kind of far. I was on the right track with the BFG puzzle too, despite the misleading voodoo doll arrangement in said room.

not gunna lie sometimes hearing UDMF can turn ppl off or especially hearing puzzle can turn ppl off lol. The market, she's a harsh mistress

anywho, gave this a whirl this morning and had a surprisingly good time - We were actually able to solve these without too much frustration or tedium, the experience felt like it flowed nicely without any lulls and the fights were just challenging enough to be entertaining without frustrating.

You have a lot of cool tricks and traps here, that button behind the bars is actually amusing. Had fun solving and playing this buddy for legits, textures were used nicely too

honestly, I would recommend hope more ppl give it a try

as advertised, the puzzles are very accessible