Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron T. Mueriach

At DOOM's Gate - A Single Level Doom 1 WAD by me

Posted (edited)

It's alright I guess, you be the judge.

Quite literally just a typical E1M1. Made in about and hour or 2.

The first WAD I ever decided to post here, lost my old account unfortunately so I have to start from scratch here.

I don't feel like posting screenshots because it's like 3 screenshots in length, hope you'll still try it out without them.

Also, I suck at making Phobos style maps, so please don't judge too hard lmao.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dlrme03rpxwir6c/E1M1.wad/file

Edited by Baron T. Mueriach : The door at the beginning was completely jacked up so I fixed it.

Wow, it's actually very nice and simple! Little map but I must say you built it very nicely. So here are some tips from me:

1. You can indicate the exit door with some yellow key texture so it will look better and will make more sense when someone reach the door and see that a yellow key is required.

2. For the chainsaw secret part, I see you marked the 3 linedefs to tag the sector which is unnecessary. Just marking the front one will do the work. Flip the front linedef so that it lowers the floor when interact, instead of setting the linedef near the exit which also lowers the floor. This way I think it will look better because you can then get the chainsaw earlier and kill the monsters on the exit room, which is nice!

image.png.a5d55393a563107baf523ddee772c35e.png

I liked how you made the secret parts. The one with the lift and then the mega armor section. Just like the original E1M1. Well done!

Good luck on your mapping journey!

Posted (edited)

This was a nice surprise. A well-made, short nostalgic trip to an E1M1 homage. Short, and sweet.

Would love to see a whole episode of this format.

Edited by Zesiir

7 hours ago, Yousuf Anik said:

Wow, it's actually very nice and simple! Little map but I must say you built it very nicely.

Thank you, it's much appreciated!

And thank you for the tips on the linedefs, I usually tag all of them just to be 100% sure when it isn't necessary.

Thank you again!

6 hours ago, Zesiir said:

This was a nice surprise. A well-made, short nostalgic trip to an E1M1 homage. Short, and sweet.

Would love to see a whole episode of this format.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And I also think an episode like this would be really nice, I think Phobos/Base episodes are kickass!

This is pretty good! Played it with Doom Delta and enjoyed its near-perfect shout-out to E1M1. The shotgun alcove is kinda rendered redundant with how short the level is, although it's still useful if you're into continuous play (like me) instead of pistol start. Other than the little matter, I like it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Nice structure, good texture use and design, and secrets (were tough for me!)

I agree with all the feedback above, and I would add that it needs a bit more of gameplay I think, 2/3 more encounters or so.

pretty good work!

The map felt like it was suppose to be part of the default Doom map set.  

Well done!

7 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@Baron T. Mueriach Hey bro, I really like this little recreation of the classic E1M1, huh. It's a shame that it was a very brief experience.

Hey! Thanks for playing my map, it's nice to see people are enjoying it.

It is quite brief unfortunately, but I'm currently crafting up an entire episode to pay homage to Knee-Deep in the Dead. Hopefully it'll be released soon, thanks again for playing!

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 1:05 PM, BEG said:

Nice structure, good texture use and design, and secrets (were tough for me!)

I agree with all the feedback above, and I would add that it needs a bit more of gameplay I think, 2/3 more encounters or so.

pretty good work!

Thank you for playing, and yeah it is quite short and lacks a bit of gameplay. I'll be releasing a Knee-Deep in the Dead style episode soon, so far E1M2 and E1M3 are much larger.

Thanks again, your feedback is appreciated :)

Edited by Baron T. Mueriach

On 3/27/2024 at 12:33 AM, taufan99 said:

This is pretty good! Played it with Doom Delta and enjoyed its near-perfect shout-out to E1M1. The shotgun alcove is kinda rendered redundant with how short the level is, although it's still useful if you're into continuous play (like me) instead of pistol start. Other than the little matter, I like it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Hey thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed the design!

The shotgun area and chainsaw at the very end of the level is quite a kick in the nuts for pistol start players, I always forget about pistol start since I never do it lol

Thanks again!