Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deeeefers

DSDA-doom opengl/software rendering and slow alt-tabbing

Hello everyone, I was testing out the differences between opengl rendering and software rendering on dsda doom recently. When I switched to software then switched back, I noticed that the game took a long time to alt tab and displayed a black screen for a few seconds, when before there was no delay when alt tabbing. before I had been playing on opengl but now the game only alt tabs normally when using software rendering. Could anyone help me understand how to fix this?

2 hours ago, Artyoman said:

Try using borderless window fullscreen

I don't see a borderless windowed option anywhere in the settings or config, how do I turn it on am I just blind?

turn off "exclusive fullscreen," that's basically the same thing as enabling borderless window

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, No-Man Baugh said:

turn off "exclusive fullscreen," that's basically the same thing as enabling borderless window

Hmm, I tried that and still taking a while to alt tab. It does the same thing when launching and closing the game too. It doesnt happen when I use software rendering so it must be somwthing to do with opengl right?

edit: it's also worth mentioning that I use doom launcher and a smooth weapon animations mod, the slow alt tabbing still happens on opengl without both the launcher and mod though

Edited by deeeefers

All is good about this source port except for the OPL synth which sounds absolutely awful. Please port an OPL synth emulation like chocolate doom or eternity or even zdoom, be it at least DosBox emulator running at 49716Hz internally. And it's not even just DSDA-Doom it's the issue that tracks back to any of prboom+ versions.

22 minutes ago, Darkcrafter07 said:

All is good about this source port except for the OPL synth which sounds absolutely awful. Please port an OPL synth emulation like chocolate doom or eternity or even zdoom, be it at least DosBox emulator running at 49716Hz internally. And it's not even just DSDA-Doom it's the issue that tracks back to any of prboom+ versions.

If you have issues to report regarding the OPL synth, I would suggest doing so in a separate thread or on the GitHub rather than on an unrelated thread. And make sure you're using the latest version, as there have been changes to the OPL emulation in the last few versions; it is currently using Nuked OPL3 for emulation.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Shepardus said:

If you have issues to report regarding the OPL synth, I would suggest doing so in a separate thread or on the GitHub rather than on an unrelated thread. And make sure you're using the latest version, as there have been changes to the OPL emulation in the last few versions; it is currently using Nuked OPL3 for emulation.

Oh, sorry, my version was indeed so much outdated and indeed, the music sounds nice now, devs made an outstanding job regarding the issue!

Edited by Darkcrafter07